Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    AMYSKATE Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 16, 2007, 06:13 AM
    Gfic receptacles
    My electrician installed 1 gfic receptacle in my bathroom to cover 2 outlets and 2 gfic receptacles in my kitchen to cover 4 outlets. The person buying my coop doesn't believe that all these outlets are covered from what I had installed. Could you please explain how all the outlets are covered by the 3 receptacles installed.
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Oct 16, 2007, 06:28 AM
    GFIs are provided with a feature that allows other recepticles that are "down stream" from the GFI to be protected by it. Thus your electrician wired the protected side of the GFI to provide power to the other outlets. This is a very common arrangement. He should have placed a placed a little sticker on the protected recepticles that says something like "GFI Protected" so that it's clear.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

240 volt GFIC Circuit for garage [ 2 Answers ]

I would like to put a 240 volt circuit into my garage but have limited breaker capacity left for slots. I think I would like to use a quad breaker to provide the 240 and two other 120 volt circuits for elsewhere in my house. Can I get a 240 volt GFIC outlet? Will it match with a 240 volt...

Gfic keeps tripping [ 1 Answers ]

Gfic keeps tripping ? The wiring sequence is from the box to the gfic to an oulet to a switch to light fixture #1 to light fixture # 2 using 12/2 with ground. Thanks jimk49

Question on proper use of GFIC breaker [ 1 Answers ]

I had some outdoor receptacles recently installed and would like to know if it is proper to put a GFIC breaker in the panel for this circuit and will it protect the receptacles from shorting instead of putting a GFIC receptacle in the circuit?

15 or 20 amp receptacles? [ 6 Answers ]

I had my electric service upgraded 18 years ago and had the electrician install two GFCI's, One for the bathroom and one for the kitchen. They are on separate circuits by themselves. They are each on a 20 amp breaker with 12 gauge wire and the GFCI's are rated 15 amp with 20 amp feed through. My...

Basement receptacles [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I want to put four receptacles in my basement, its an unfinished basement and I'll put in a GFCI plug. My question is this: do I bond the metal boxes and Im not sure if I am supposed to ground the plugs that are fed off the GFCI? And I do ground the GFCI in the panel don't I? Thanks

View more questions Search