Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Selah Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Oct 16, 2007, 12:26 AM
    Switching old sconces for new ones
    Hello everyone, I'm back with a new project:

I recently purchased new wall sconces for my bathroom. We were able to turn off the original ones with push button switches. The new ones need to be turned on and off with a single pole switch.

There is one single pole switch which controls the ceiling light and fan. The wiring layout is as follows:
    :confused:
    The power source runs from the ceiling light to the left side sconce receptacle box, down to a single receptacle box located on the left side of the vanity, and across to the right side sconce receptacle box.

I would like to add another single receptacle and a single pole switch to the right of the vanity. I added both, but I'm doing something wrong because I can only get the receptacle socket to work, but not the switch. What is the correct way to connect these?

Thanks so much for your help.
    Yipster Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Oct 18, 2007, 06:25 AM
    Did you add a receptacle and switch to a new box? Are they separate (meaning: do you have a receptacle AND a switch mounted in a double box)?
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Oct 18, 2007, 07:15 AM
    I don' quite see how you planned to control the left light from the right without running a switch loop back to it. Otherwise, the switch needs to come before what it controls. I have asked to have your question moved to electrical and lighting.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Switching Medication [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I was using the acne medication Differen. I know that it takes serval months for Differen to take full effect. I used it for about 3 months, it worked wonders! Just yesterday, I switched to a new medication, Tretinoin. I'm wondering will I have to wait months for this medication to...

Wiring two wall sconces from a common junction box [ 2 Answers ]

Wiring two wall sconces from a common junction box Good day. I have two wall sconces that were wired to a common junction box where they obtained their source of power (SOP). They each have their own on and off switches on the light fixture. I wish to connect both wall sconces to a dimmer....

Power Source For New Sconces [ 4 Answers ]

I Have Two Sconces To Install. Where Can Draw Power From. They Must Be Wired To A Switch. Can I Draw Power From A Nearby Switch? If So Would I Just Run A Pigtail From The Existing Switch To The New One, Install Them Both In A Double Switch Box And Run A 14/2 Cable To Junction Box Splicing ...

Switching Filetypes [ 2 Answers ]

OK, I understand how switching the extensions works, but does anyone know how to switch say, Forgotten Face.mid to Forgotten Face.mp3 without making my PC think that it's not an audio file? Or even better, a way to get RealPlayer to recognise MIDI as an audio type. Thanks ~Me.

View more questions Search