Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    matrix00 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Oct 25, 2005, 04:39 PM
    Switch naming conventions
    What are Switch naming conventions? If you could please direct me to a website that explains it that would be great or explian it to me that would also be great.

I tried Google but always end up with some company.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 26, 2005, 05:31 AM
    Naming conventions in general are a standardized way of referencing objects so the names describe the object. For example, in Microsoft Access there are standards for naming objects on a form like txtfieldname for text boxes or cboFieldname for comboboxes.

Naming convetions for switches would probably indicate things like area covered, subnet, workgroup etc. The covention you use doesn't really matter as long as its understandable to your network admins and is consistent across the network.
    matrix00 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Nov 4, 2005, 10:34 PM
    Yes that helps thank you .

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Anime conventions on ny [ 2 Answers ]

I am looking for Anime Conventions in New York or New Jersey. Somewhere near New York city would be cool. Appreciate the help! :) :cool: :D O_O? Anybody? Anyone at all? O_o Does any one even watch anime or play video games?

Help naming a character... again [ 4 Answers ]

Isabelle: from 1800’s, known as the towns reader. Always found in the book store, she is oblivious to many things. __________: Main Character: 2005, Known as the new girl even after 2 months of being in school. Witty and not very number smart prefers reading, loves books. She can be goofy at...

Drawing and naming structural diagrams [ 1 Answers ]

I'm taking a correspondance chemistry course and have found myself stuck with these problems. Any and all help would be appreciated the more detailed the better though http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v307/ctuwanda/keyq127.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v307/ctuwanda/keyq128.jpg

WWW Naming [ 2 Answers ]

Ok in WWW naming why is the Top Level Domain for England .co.uk and the TLD for say Germany just .de?? Surely it should be .co.de for country germany?? Any ideas people

Limit Switch - Pressure Switch [ 0 Answers ]

Hello Folks, This weekend I've been playing with a heating system at my new apartment and I'm trying to figure out what the different componets do. I kind of followed the circuit but still have some missing links... 1-There are some terminals on the furnace's circuit board labeled LIMIT. The...

View more questions Search