Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sittex Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 25, 2005, 01:46 PM
    Gas Heater Turns and Off every two minutes
    Hello
    Our Gas Heater turns on and then after a short burst stops.
    I observed that the Gas flames start and stop every two minutes even though temperature that I set on thermostat has not been reached.
    Is this normal?
    Over the long run house heats up to the my require heat but I suspect this procedure is costing me extra in gas.

Any idead if this is normal operation or there is something wrong with it.

Thanks
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Oct 25, 2005, 02:13 PM
    No, it is not normal and needs fixed. Is the blower coming on? There is a limit switch which will shut the gas off if the blower doesn't come on after the furnace heats up. If it goes bad, it might cause the problem even if the blower does come on. Unfortunately, much of the stuff is on a control board in newer furnaces and more difficult for DIY repairs. If the blower isn't coming on, you might try the fan on position and see what happens.

I hate to tell you to replace the control board, or call a professional, but am short good ideas to check out. One thing would be the thermostat and its wiring. If you can, see if you have 24 volts AC between the W and B or C terminals at the furnace. If you have it when the furnace is off, the thermostat and its wiring are OK

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hot water runs out after 5-10 minutes [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, Need some assistance: I have a 30 gallon gas hot water heater about 10 yrs old with copper plumbing and after taking the shower for 5-10 minutes, there is no more hot water. What are some of the possible causes & fix? Thank you, Matt

How can I make Furnace fan automatically turn off when heater turns off? [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Thermo Pride OH5-85. There are two manual switches installed next to the unit. One turns on the heater one the fan. I'm unable to find out how to have the heater and fan respond to my thermostat. :confused: Currently if the manual fan switch is on and the manual heater switch is on...

Washer stops after a few minutes [ 5 Answers ]

We just moved our Kenmoore washer for recarpeting and now the washer will not rinse. Before it worked without any problems. When we load it up and set it to wash, before it reaches to Rinse/Spin, it stops. It seems it can not drain the water for it to rinse. Please help :( Thanks!

Page cannot be displayed after 3 minutes [ 2 Answers ]

Win 98se , 256mb, sys rec @ 85% free, cable , router, IE 6.0 version 6.0.2800.1106 When online, after about 5 minutes my browser seems to die. Im still online, outlook will come up and send email successfully, and if I'm playing a game, I can play all night, as long as I don't close it...

Disconnection after 15 minutes [ 2 Answers ]

Hay; From few days I have a disconnection problem I did'nt understand what is the problem in my system let me known the symptoms of a modem failur. I have d815 mother board with 1.2 ghz intel processor And a 56k support modem please answere me.

View more questions Search