Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sGt HarDKorE Posts: 656, Reputation: 98

Oct 15, 2007, 07:18 PM
    How old is to old to go out for halloween?
    I was listening to the radio this morning and the people on their were saying that they think that trick or treating should be 12 and under. Im just curious as to what others think. Personally I think people should be allowed to do trick-or-treating up until I say about age 18. As long as the person dresses up. I haven't really gone out for halloween since 13. I usually just try to scare the kids or something with my friends in a friendly funny way. What age do you think is to old?
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Oct 15, 2007, 07:28 PM
    Once the child hits middle school or junior high ( as it is still called in some places), that child is too old to go trick or treating. Unless it is to supervise the younger children in the neighborhood that they know well. Or to pass out treats at home - you can still dress up and have fun that way. Decorate the house or apt, have the scary music, etc.
    magprob Posts: 1,877, Reputation: 300
    Ultra Member

Oct 15, 2007, 07:35 PM
    I don't know but if your big butt shows up at my house I'm going to tell you to hit the ramp tramp!
    shatteredsoul Posts: 423, Reputation: 130

Oct 16, 2007, 08:50 AM
    My daughter is in sixth grade and really looking forward to going trick or treating in the neighborhood. She is only eleven but not too old to go, I think. NOw a fourteen or fifteen year old? They are out to just get as much candy as possible and egg a house or something! That is definitely too old!
    jillianleab Posts: 1,194, Reputation: 279
    Ultra Member

Oct 16, 2007, 09:07 AM
    Sometimes kids in their teens come to my door - if they are dressed up I give them some candy, but usually less than what I give the little guys. I would never turn a kid away - it's just candy. Then again, I don't get a ton of trick or treaters, so maybe that's why I don't care as much!

I think I stopped in 6th or 7th grade. My husband's little sister went last year (she was in 8th grade) but it was with some much younger kids. She still dressed up and got cany, though. I think the point of an "age limit" is it's assumed you have grown up enough to think it's silly and a child's activity.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Oct 16, 2007, 09:11 AM
    If the big teenagers show up at my door and they're not dressed up at all then they get no candy.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Oct 16, 2007, 11:06 AM
    I think it is all very individual depending on where you live. Where we live, a very small tightknit community, many of the kids up to around age 16 are still trick or treating. Our neighborhood id full of kids of all ages and it is a fun night for everyone. No houses get TPd or egged, we all, including most parents, get together and have a good time. Hay rides go down the streets filled with kids, garages are turned into haunted houses and you must go through to get your candy, etc.

Pranks are played on the older children, by the adults, and it is really a great night in our neighborhood for everyone.
    Nez Posts: 557, Reputation: 51

Oct 16, 2007, 11:20 AM
    We all wait for them where I live,with water cannon,flour,and spray paint.Then all the adults shout "trick or treat"

Gets them every time. :D

Hum bug.
    icecream Posts: 160, Reputation: 6

Oct 17, 2007, 03:17 PM
    I forget the age but, I do remember that I stopped after grade 7

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Goth for halloween? [ 11 Answers ]

If you are of the goth cultural, do you fnd it offensive that for haloween "Goth" is an outfit? And even punk. Is portrayed as a halloween costume. Im neither but I find it offensive.

Need halloween ideas! [ 7 Answers ]

me && my friend are going trick or treating.:D lol. but we want to do something as partners:rolleyes: but we can't think of nothin we are going for something like pb+j? but we dont like that idea. so give me your ideas. [= thanks. <3 janelle.:)

Too Old for Halloween? [ 1 Answers ]

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Ten Signs That You’re Too Old for Trick or Treating 10. You get winded from knocking on the door. 9. You have another kid chew the candy for you. 8. You ask for high fiber candy only. 7. When someone...

Halloween [ 6 Answers ]

Well, it's getting close to Halloween and I'm thinking of paying a local kid to egg the houses of people that bother me. Could get expensive for the eggs, though. But wouldn't this be great for my mental health?

Halloween [ 3 Answers ]

When was halloween first started and why?

View more questions Search