Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shahin Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 15, 2003, 06:39 PM
    Digital photo recovery
    Hi everybody ,I bought for a few time a digital camera so I took a lot of photos and put all of them on my Hard drive.and a few days ago I decide to fomat my Drive because my computer gone slowly so I backed up all my photos on a RW-CD, but after reinstalling Windows(WIN XP)I can get my photos back to my computer ,I try that with anather computer(WIN 98SE) and some of this Recovery software but with no result.I do not know what or where is the problem .Any suggesion is appriciated.thanxxx
    elina Posts: 136, Reputation: 1

Oct 15, 2003, 11:02 PM
    Re: Digital photo recovery
    shahin, hi, OK, the good part is you backed up your photos in your CD-RW disks. Now, you may need to re-install the software that came with your digital camera.

What may have happened is your computer is not reconizing the format of thephotos you saved them in.
    If your photos have the extension jpg or gif after the after the name of each of your photo, such as NAME.jpg, you should not have trouble seeing your photos from your CD-RW disk.

If you don't see any photos from your CD-RW disks, then you need to re-install the software that came with your camera. The reason I emphasized this is I have no problem seeing or loading the digital pictures that I copy to my CD-RW disks, too, which, from taking them using a digital camera like you.

Otherwise, if your pictures do end in .jpg or .gif. then the CD-RW disk may be corrupted. But 1st, make sure your computer,WIN XP, or WIN 98 does physically recognize your CD-RW burner drive before pinponting the problem to your software or your CD-RW disk.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Photo [ 2 Answers ]

Just in case someone here knows hw are 3d photos made

Data Recovery [ 5 Answers ]

I have a hard drive that crashed, I want to recover files, so a put it on a PC as a slave and able to see the files.the trouble that I'm having is some of the file that I want to access will not let me access them.how do I access these files?

Spy-bot recovery [ 5 Answers ]

I downloaded spybot search and destroy to get rid of any spyware problems but now when I open my hotmail e-mail account and use eBay boxes are continually popping up say "spybot s&d has blocked the download of "doubleclick" or "avenue A inc". These boxes are a complete pain in the ass and I want to...

Recovery disks [ 2 Answers ]

Dear Sirs: Is it possible to buy or get recovery disks for my midwest micro computer that is 9 or 10 yrs. Old. I replaced the battery, but it didn't help. The computer is asking me to put in a start up disk that I don't have. We always used the computer just for games and never had it hooked up...

View more questions Search