Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    andrew1133 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 15, 2007, 05:46 PM
    Smaller Orbit
    Suppose the Orbit of the Earth Were 5% Smaller (a = 0.95 au) than it is today (a = 1.0 au). What would happen??
    KBC Posts: 2,550, Reputation: 487
    Ultra Member

Oct 15, 2007, 06:01 PM
    Not my field but;

More heat to the surface due to closer proximity to the sun.

Faster tides(by 5%)

Centrifugal forces different(gravity etc)

Just guesses on my part.

Hope it helps some,
    Ken
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Oct 16, 2007, 01:06 AM
    It would be hotter, the Earth would orbit faster and so we would have a shorter year, There would be very little effect on the tides because they are governed by the moon.

With the rise in heat, most of the predictions for global warming would be a reality. Look them up.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I make my pores smaller? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I have had this problems since I can remember and thought I would see if anyone had some advice :) I have clear skin, of course the occasional pimple here and there, but otherwise fine. But I have always had HUGE pores! On my nose, cheek area around nose, and chin my pores are huge! When I am...

Smaller Orbit [ 5 Answers ]

Suppose the Orbit of the Earth Were 5% Smaller (a = 0.95 au) than it is today (a = 1.0 au). What would happen??

Screen size become smaller [ 1 Answers ]

Why screen size become smaller after I adust it?

Is it possible that my bladder got smaller [ 10 Answers ]

So I've noticed that for the last couple weeks I've been peeing like crazy. I don't drink as much water anymore cause if I do I wouldn't leave the restroom. I used to pee about 4-5 times a day and it was larger amounts. Now I pee about ever hour and it's smaller amounts. It does not hurt when I...

Orbit of the sun [ 1 Answers ]

How many miles or kilometres does the Earth travel in one orbit of the sun? Is it constant?

View more questions Search