Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hossbonnam Posts: 62, Reputation: 9

Oct 15, 2007, 10:42 AM
    Salary vs Hourly, punching a clock on salary.
    My company put me on salary a few years back. I still have to work overtime and I still have to punch a time card, I just dont get paid for any overtime hours. Also I have not gotten the standard raise that I used to get anymore. I was wondering is this fair practice?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 15, 2007, 10:45 AM
    Fair, no! Legal, yes!

A company can ask you to report your time for tracking purposes whether you are hourly or salaried. As for raises, unless contractually required there is no obligation to give them.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Oct 15, 2007, 11:00 AM
    Yep, its totally legal and unfair. Keep in mind that some industries have taken back raises and cut benefits. There is no guarantee of a raise or even keeping a job for that matter.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Abuse of Exempt (Salary) status [ 1 Answers ]

My husband works for a company that pays him salary. He is a general manager with this company. He is working anywhere from 60 to 70 hours a week. I had read somewhere that if a person is salary that they must work at least 50% of their time doing manager work. He is doing at least 70% of...

Hourly And Salary Difference [ 4 Answers ]

I Should be Salary at my Job But my Boss Still Uses Time against me. I need to know how much paid vacation time, holiday time, and sick leave salary workers should get? By What I mean "my boss uses time agianst me" is that I am salary According to him(I think so he don't have to pay overtime...

Salary & Hourly [ 1 Answers ]

I currently work for an organization as a salaried employee. They want to hire me for some night hours at a different department. My question is... since I am salary at one job are the hours at the second job eligible for overtime? I will work about 20 hours at the night job. I want to know what is...

Salary Vs. Hourly [ 5 Answers ]

I understand the difference between exempt and non-exempt and how to actually pay them, but are there any legal ramifications for not paying someone that is salary for a sick day if they have exhausted all of their paid time off benefits? Toni Davis [email protected]

View more questions Search