Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    SillyPoint Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Oct 15, 2007, 06:27 AM
    Ex employer not paying salary- Complaint in DOL
    What happend:

I joined NJ base consulting company A and they offered an x amount as aannual salary.
    They didn't give full month salary but was giving part of it. When enquired about it they said they would give me after an year or when there is an account settlement.

So I moved to Company B now and things are going smoothly.

But my first employer is not paying whatever money they owe me. Now they are saying over the phone that they couldn't make profit and hence they cannot pay rest of the amount.

My friends suggested me to approach DOL and I did so. If it going for hearing then I need your suggestions..

Thanks
    Silly Point
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 15, 2007, 06:31 AM
    According to the offer letter, you would be required to reimburse Company A for any expenses they laid out to obtain your work visa. However, you should have worked out with company B that they would take this over for you.

Oct 15, 2007, 06:41 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem
    According to the offer letter, you would be required to reimburse Company A for any expenses they laid out to obtain your work visa. However, you should have worked out with company B that they would take this over for you.
    But I moved because company A was not paying me as offered. So can I raise this in DOL hearing.. If I would have stayed with company A for 1.5 years then he would not have paid me the proper salary for that much time.. he was not keeping his words and that's why I moved.

Oct 15, 2007, 07:25 AM
    One thing has nothing to do with the other. You have a claim against Co. A for not paying you as agreed. They have a claim against you for expenses incurred on your behalf. They are two separate claims.

P.S. Please don't crosspost the same question. Your other pst has been removed.

Oct 15, 2007, 07:34 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem
    One thing has nothing to do with the other. You have a claim against Co. A for not paying you as agreed. They have a claim against you for expenses incurred on your behalf. They are two separate claims.

P.S. Please don't crosspost the same question. Your other pst has been removed.

Thank you gor your suggestion... I am getting to know things...

Is there any factor that favors me in this case? Atleaset I should get the money after deducting all their expenses...

Thanks

Silly Point

Oct 15, 2007, 08:20 AM
    If you have a letter (effectively a contract) that says you will be paid X amount and you weren't then they have to pay you. You should win, but then they will countersue for what you owe them. However, even if you win, you may have trouble collecting.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My ex employer is not paying part of salary which they owes me [ 7 Answers ]

Hi I joined NJ base consulting company and they offered an x amount as aannual salary. They placed me in another state. The didn't give full month salary but was giving part of it. When enquired about it they said they would give me after an year or when there is an account settlement. This...

Employer not paying [ 9 Answers ]

I recently quit my job at a car lot where I was a sales man. My employer is refusing to pay me and states he doesn't have to because I was a commissioned employee and states I didn't meet my draw for the month prior and that I owe him. There was never any document signed that stated any money would...

H1B, employer not paying withheld income taxes [ 3 Answers ]

I know that my employer isn't paying the income taxes that he withholds from my salary. Does that affect my situation regarding my H1B? I mean in the application it says that I should be paid a certain salary to have this Visa and if the taxes that are withheld are not paid it will look like I have...

View more questions Search