Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Chery Posts: 3,666, Reputation: 698
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Oct 15, 2007, 05:03 AM
    Miffed at my doctor!
    Sorry, want to post this in My Secret Garden...

My doctor was on vacation for a week and I was hoping that I'd get my cytology results today. I waited until 11:30 to give him time to see patients and have his mail checked by his staff. I called and asked if my results were in... was told that he has not read his mail yet and that I should call back tomorrow. I was upset and told them the he can call me tomorrow - I just hate to be put on hold and listen to that crappy music. I've been his patient for over 20 years and see a change in his working attitude. I just don't want to take the time and effort to switch doctors now at this stage.

I need some hugs...
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Oct 15, 2007, 05:26 AM
    Sending you a super big hugggggggggggggggggggggg. Why didn't he have time to read his mail? Is he like a banker that does not go to work until after the rush hour at Starbucks? I would be upset too and want to know results ASAP.

More hugssssssssssssssssssssssss and hopes you get your results quickly!
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Oct 15, 2007, 05:52 AM
    Thanks Shy... his staff is a bit lazy and I'm impatient. They knew that I was waiting for the results for over a week before they went on vacation. Guess it's just not important to them.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Oct 15, 2007, 06:07 AM
    Like I said in the Garden... If the results were not good, then the doctor and his staff would have been made aware. Thus, you would have your results.

So, there most likely is a silver lining to this cloud. You don't know the results, so everything must have come back fine.

I do understand your frustration though, so I'm sending you a big hug

Gone, But Not Forgotten

Oct 15, 2007, 06:22 AM
    Thanks hon...

I guess it's easier to work with patients than to be one..
    firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

Oct 15, 2007, 06:53 AM
    Here's a BIG HUG from me to you too.
    Attached Images

J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Oct 15, 2007, 06:56 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Chery
    Thanks hon...

I guess it's easier to work with patients than to be one..
    It is hard being a patient sometimes. Especially when we are so well informed. I feel you dear, I was in your shoes years back, I know where you are coming from.
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Oct 15, 2007, 07:06 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by firmbeliever
    Here's a BIG HUG from me to you too.
    Thanks firm... you all made me feel better today. Tomorrow I will confront him with the strength from all of your hugs.

benn11 Posts: 1,036, Reputation: 43
    Ultra Member

Oct 15, 2007, 07:50 AM
    HUGS and kisses from my side as well, Just take a deep breath...
    startover22 Posts: 2,758, Reputation: 363
    Ultra Member

Oct 15, 2007, 09:01 PM
    I hope the mornig brings a new light for you sweet Chery... I am sending a million hugs your way... and they are good, good, good ones!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

When Should I See a Doctor? [ 4 Answers ]

Since we have multiple postings on when it is important to seek medical advice, I thought I would post a few guidelines on when it is important to seek medical attention. It is important to contact your doctor's/dentist's office if you notice significant changes in how you feel and function. ...

When Should I See a Doctor? [ 5 Answers ]

Since we have multiple postings on when it is important to seek medical advice, I thought I would post a few guidelines on when it is important to seek medical attention. It is important to contact your doctor's/dentist's office if you notice significant changes in how you feel and function. ...

Should I go to a Doctor? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I have been on the pill now for about a year, about a month ago I missed approx 3-4 active pills. I wasn't engaging in any sexual activity at the time so I know I can't be pregnant however about a week later I started bleeding and have been now for a month. Does anyone know what is...

When Should I See a Doctor? [ 0 Answers ]

When Should I See a Doctor? [ 0 Answers ]

View more questions Search