Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    charlieo8 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 14, 2007, 06:49 PM
    Dryer drum does not rotate
    My Maytag dryer does not work today. When I open the door, the light is not so the electricity is on. But, the drum dose not rotate. Could anybody help? Thanks.
    AlwaysCarryASpoon Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Oct 14, 2007, 06:56 PM
    There are several possibilities from a broken belt (not too expensive) to a bad motor (expensive) to a bad breaker (one side can be bad and the light could still work). Check out ww.RepairClinic.com. They provide diagnostics (free), parts (good prices), and personal repair help (also free.. . Really). In the past several years, they've helped me fix a washer, dryer, refrigerator, and dishwasher.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dryer Drum not turning [ 4 Answers ]

I have a Whirlpool electric dryer model# LEC8858EQ1. The dryer drum has stopped turning. I hear the motor and see the heating element inside glowing, but the drum won't move. I can turn it by hand. Is this a broken belt or gear, or something else? Thanks in advance Howard

Dryer Drum [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Frigidaire Dryer Model FDE336RES2. The drum will not spin. Prior to it stopping, the dryer made a loud squealing sound. Your advice is appreciated.

My electric Kenmore dryer drum will not rotate [ 4 Answers ]

I am a single mother and full time student I need to ask this community if they can tell me what they think if a kenmore electric dryer drum does not rotate. I want to be prepared so when I get it repaired I don't get ripped off, because of my situation. I really don't have money... so please can...

MAYTAG top washer-Drum does not rotate in wash cycle [ 4 Answers ]

Maytag top loaded washer LAT 8608AAW. The belt going to large center pulley burnt and cracked so I replaced it. The other front belt is a little streached but seems OK. The washer does fill, spin, empty water etc OK.. But in the wash cycle it fills OK but the drum never rotates back and forth so...

Kenmore Gas Dryer Drum does not rotate [ 1 Answers ]

Kenmore Model 110.87872100, drum will rotate when it is empty, when clothes are in it it will not. Drum can be turned by hand. I am assuming that I need to replace the belt and tensioner. How do I get the top off to get this done? Pyromsatc

View more questions Search