Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ralph53 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 14, 2007, 05:10 PM
    Fog horn noise when using taps in bathroom sink and kitchen sink
    There has developed, in the last week, a "fog horn" sound when we turn on the hot or cold taps in the bathroom or kitchen.
    It does not occur when we use the washer or dishwasher. Could anyone give some advise on what could be the cause of this?
    letmetellu Posts: 3,151, Reputation: 317
    Ultra Member

Oct 14, 2007, 08:04 PM
    First I would turn on a faucet until you hear the noise, I would then leave the water on and go to the commodes and lift the lid off the tank and see if you see any kind of vibration in the water in the tank. I would then lift the float just a little to see if that made any difference, I would do the same thing to the second commode if you have one. If this changes the noise you will have to change the valve in the commode making the noise or perhaps changing the water level might do it.
    This may not be the problem but in cases I have found this to be true. If it is not then you will just have to search for the problem, you can start by turning off all of the supply valves that serve the faucets and the commodes and also the washing machine. Then open the supply stops one at a time, then turn on the faucet, say you turn on the hot water supply stop than open the hot water of the faucet. If you do not hear the noise then shut the supply stop again and go to the next one and repeat the above till you have found one that makes noise. I am not sure this will help you find the problem but it is about the only thing I can do from this far away.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Loud fog horn noise when toilet flushed [ 10 Answers ]

I have a problem when I flush my upstairs toilet. It sounds like a fog horn. Sometimes the noise is relieved if I turn the cold water tap on. It's driving me crazy and I can even hear it in the garden when someone flushes it! Please help! No one dare flush in the night.

New bathroom sink backs up halfway, quickly drains, repeat.. no overflow in this sink [ 2 Answers ]

I just very proudly finished installing our new second floor bathroom sink drains. Two different vanities, two different walls. I ran the water steadily in both of them for 10 minutes. One works fine. The other backs up about halfway up the bowl, then suddenly quickly drains everything and...

Basement Bathroom Sink Makes Loud Sucking Noise [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have a question about my bottom level bathroom sink (three story town house). When no water is running (or even when it is running) there is a sucking sound coming out of the drain. It is loud enough that you can hear it in the hallway when walking by or near the bathroom. Can you tell...

Kitchen Sink Noise Hot Water [ 1 Answers ]

When I turn on the hot water at my kitchen sink, it makes a noise after the pipe heats up (about 10 seconds). The cold water tap doesn't make a noise. What could this be?

Kitchen Sink/Laundry Sink Drain Vent Non-exist [ 3 Answers ]

The set-up from kitchen sink leading down to drain to basement: 1. Kitchen sink - (R side) - connected to a P drain I think you call it -PVC-, connected to a "metal" T, which has a Studer vent gizmo attached to the top of it, then draining into a metal pipe straight down to the drain in the...

View more questions Search