Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jiser Posts: 1,266, Reputation: 281
    Ultra Member

Oct 14, 2007, 04:02 PM
    I found this on another forum and thought you should read it.
    I think you have to examine 'the dream' and ask yourself why it is that you are clinging to it so strongly. It may not all be about *her*, the real person, if you get my drift. What is it about her that caused you to fall in love with her? Did she treat you well from the start? Or did she blow hot and cold, encouraging you to become obsessed? Because there is a strong element of fantasy in all romantic relationships, but especially so in the unhealthy ones. We have to be brutally honest in asking ourselves exactly what it is that ticks our boxes - that leads to emotional enslavement.

Because I think what you are describing is a form of emotional enslavement. Idealistic people are prone to this. I know, from personal experience.

I think it's up to you to recognise that, realise what it is in you that causes that kind of emotional reaction, and resolve to change it. It is minimally about *her* - WHY should you love someone who is cruel and selfish and morally reprehensible (I'm going by what I know of her manipulations in your various posts). You speak about her like she is a drug. You need to break that habit, like any addiction.

EDIT: I deleted her from my Facebook, all her friends, family. Photos of us. All gone no more traces... finally, you have to let go sooner or later lol.
    crushedovernover Posts: 260, Reputation: 19

Oct 14, 2007, 05:38 PM
    I love it.. Best way my counselor described it to me was like this. If you were to write down everything about your ex like it was a profile of her and you were going threw profiles and came across one that said

Selfish
    Cold hearted
    Unfaithful
    Head games
    Afraid of commitment

You would probably go to the next page.

Look at the whole picture and no just what you thought it could be or who you THOUGHT she was look at who she is NOW and realize that is WHO she is.. Not what you conjured in your head

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

I wondering what you thought of. [ 1 Answers ]

The Book "Hinds Feet In High Places" (Not sure if this goes here or in Books) If you have read it I was wondering what you guys though about it. At first I was reluctant to read it. But as I read it, it was really neat. I like how the author symbolizes a lot in it. Its amazing that we have a...

Read what I wrote and found it hilarious [ 4 Answers ]

Haven't been on here in ages and just read all the things I wrote before and laughed at how hilarious what I wrote was :) talk about melodramatic and exaggerating especially the bit about life coming to an end and no future :) :) :) Life is really great at the mo, having loads of fun, always...

Just a thought [ 2 Answers ]

Think About It - The journey of a thousand miles begins with a broken fan belt and a leaky tire. - It's always darkest before dawn. So if you're going to steal the neighbor's newspaper, that's the time to do it. - Never test the depth of the water with both feet. - It may be that...

Thought I would share this PM [ 6 Answers ]

Hey folks, I thought I would share this PM I got from hedieh. Guess we got through!! I love to hear a happy ending!! :D:D

Thought to ponder! [ 4 Answers ]

In read posts from this very helpful site, a came across this quote from another site I visit. Seem appropriate. experience Without experiences which render life unbearable and which make the hope of something new appear alluring and promising, there is no impulse toward inner change. But...

View more questions Search