Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Deliah Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Oct 14, 2007, 03:17 PM
    Writing a Novel
    Hi, Im new to this... please help me. I would like to start writing a novel. Where do I start? Im in the USA, CA, and would like help and assistance

Deliah
    cerisa Posts: 247, Reputation: 71

Oct 14, 2007, 04:11 PM
    Take a writing class. Then when you begin your novel research, research, research. It is a killer to have inaccurate or unbelievable details even if you have a great plot, characters and a gift of prose.
    jillianleab Posts: 1,194, Reputation: 279
    Ultra Member

Oct 14, 2007, 05:21 PM
    You start by writing. Write everyday, it doesn't matter about what. Eventually, a story will come to mind. When it does, work on developing that story and the characters.

A writing class is a good idea, as it will generally provide you with feedback and criticisms on your work.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Oct 16, 2007, 01:05 AM
    I do like the answers above!

I just want to add that I have written a couple of musical shows for students to do. They were based some on fact and also on fiction. I found that one of things that helped me to be inspired and to come up with ideas was to just take a walk in some place, like a park. My computer would be on, I would write some things, I would take a walk, come back and write some more.

Also, how long of a novel would you like to write? And, what would you like for the subject of the novel to be? Do you already have some ideas?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Reading and Writing [ 6 Answers ]

Should a child read first or write first?

Writing a CD [ 9 Answers ]

About a year ago I wrote a CD with some important data on it, and accidentally forgot to finalize the CD. My hard drive crashed, and had it replaced. However now I want to read the CD but I can't because nothing shows up. I'm sure that there is data there because when I look on the underside of the...

Novel writing [ 4 Answers ]

I'm 100,000 words into my story and I've got a nagging feeling it's too slow. The story takes place several years after the country was hit by drought and how people are still suffering from its effects. The maincharacter is a seventeen year old girl who was rescued from a lap dancing club and...

View more questions Search