Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rmt Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 24, 2005, 11:05 AM
    Business Address
    Our business is home based and we are looking to sell mail order via the internet, ideally we do not want our home address shown on the website, are there any legal issues / requirements regarding this, do we by law,have to show a business address ?
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Oct 24, 2005, 11:26 AM
    By law you are not obligated to show any address on a website since the web is not governed by any business law. Having a mailing address, even a PO Box, lends credibility to your online business.
    rmt Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 24, 2005, 02:20 PM
    Hi NeedKarma, thanks for your reply.
    reinsuranc Posts: 92, Reputation: 6

Feb 8, 2006, 10:55 PM
    The web is not governed by any business law?

That is absolutely false.

Violate a law on the web and see which of us is right.
    Gas safety man Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Oct 17, 2009, 03:29 PM
    Interesting! I have a similar problem. So what is the name/s of the governing body/s.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Business to business vs Business to Consumer retail [ 1 Answers ]

How does Business to business retail differ from business to consumer retail?

Ip address [ 6 Answers ]

How will I know the ip address of a computer.. Any answer will be appreciated.. Tnx..

Global address list groups members missing in Outlook address book [ 0 Answers ]

Hello All, When I view a group in global address list in Outlook , address book group Does not display the members. My company use exchange 2000 server, and client use outlook XP or 2003. Does anybody experience the same thing and/or know why this is so? Thanks a lot for your help and...

Excel: change relative address to absolute address [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, In Excel spreadsheet, how to change relative address to absolute address for many cells at same time? I know how to use F4 to do the change, but it is not an option when I have to deal with the addresses in a 150 row x 50 column table. Thanks, Wei

Ip address [ 2 Answers ]

I have two routers one behind the other. Yes I said two routers, one is a wired and the other is wireless I had to make some changes and now I can not get the wireless router to issue any ip address to the systems on it. The address that are given out is the ones that are default for the system in...

View more questions Search