Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    boamahw Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 14, 2007, 06:04 AM
    Marketing consultant
    I'm just starting as a marketing consultant and I have just secured a contigency contract with a small business owner but my real concern is what books or access areas do I need from this small business owner to ensure he pays me the right percentage and also not hide anything from me.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Oct 14, 2007, 07:22 AM
    Hello b:

I don't know what you're going to do NOW. The contract you just secured should have included your right to check up on him somehow. If it DIDN'T, you're going to have a hell of a time getting him to sign a revised version. And, he isn't going to let you look at his books. For this first client, I think you're just going to have to take him at his word.

For FUTURE business, hire a lawyer to write up your contract. Tell him what you need in there and he'll write it in the contract.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

G4 consultant and taxes [ 1 Answers ]

I am a consultant at an international organization since July 2nd 2007. I have a G4 visa and I make 3 thousand a month.There is confusing information regarding the fact that I must or must not pay taxes. Previously, it was supposed that consultants did not pay because they were under the G4 status...

How to ia become a successful realestate consultant [ 1 Answers ]

1. What should I do to become a successful real estate consultant. 2. what is real estate all about. 3. if a client tells me the fact of his case,and I am not well familiar with the facts,what should I tell the client.

Consultant and Employee [ 1 Answers ]

Differentiate between consultant and employee. Who will receive a good pay. How to calculate professional tax for Consultant. How to calculate tax for an employee. Who is receiving a salary of Rs. 20000/-

Management Consultant [ 3 Answers ]

Hello buddies,I am a holder of a bachelors degree{honours} in Economics,I desperately want to be a Management Consultant.will you good people tell me what to do now?I want to get a masters degree by coursework, commencing this October in either of Marketing;Industrial Relations and Personnel...

View more questions Search