Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gise11e Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 14, 2007, 12:30 AM
    Understanding My Credit Report
    Hello everyone.
    I am from ontario. I have been living in the US for the past 3 years and am returning to ontario soon.
    I have just pulled my credit report for the first time and don't fully understand it. I would be forever grateful if someone could please help me understand these entries and answer a few question.

Special Services

SPS-SpecialServices/CodeDescription: Consumer interview
    Date Reported: 2005-08

SPS-SpecialServices/CodeDescription: Inquiry alert
    Date Reported: 2006-02

Q - what are SPS-SpecialServices and what do these mean?
    ----------------------

I have student loans with the Caisse Populaire and have been faithfully making payments of $400.00 monthly for the past 2.5 yrs but credit info reads as follows:

Credit Information

This section contains information on each account that you've opened in the past. It is retained in our database for not more than 6 years from the date of last activity.

An installment loan is a fixed-payment loan in which the monthly payment does not change from month to month. Examples of such loans are a mortgage, car loan or a student loan. A revolving loan is a loan in which the balance or amount owed changes from month to month, such as a credit card.

Note: The account numbers have been partially masked for your security.

No Credit information on file

Q - Why are my loans not showing in this section?
    --------------------------------

Credit History and Banking Information

A credit transaction will automatically purge from the system six (6) years from the date of last activity. All banking information (checking or saving account) will automatically purge from the system six (6) years from the date of registration.

No Banking information on file

Q- I have had the same account with the Caisse since I was 16 yrs old (30something now) why would none of my banking info be listed?
    -------------------------------

Collection Accounts

ROGERS WIRELESS 3RDS
    Date Assigned: 2006-02
    Account Number: xxxxxxxx
    Collection Agency: CBCL ONT
    Reason:
    Amount: $1,005.00
    BalanceAmount: $1,005.00
    Date of Last Payment: 2002-01
    Date Paid:
    Date Verified:
    Comments:

** cancelled 2 yr contract after 3 months of service due to hardships and unable to keep the account. I believe SOL is 6 yrs because was before 2004.

Q - What is the SOL date, "Date Assigned" or " Date of Last Payment" ?
    -------------------------------

Credit Inquiries to the File

The following inquiries were generated because the listed company requested a copy of your credit report. An Inquiry made by a Creditor will automatically purge three (3) years from the date of the inquiry. The system will keep a minimum of five (5) inquiries.

2007-09-24 CBV COLLECTION SERV(604)687-4559
    2006-02-23 CBV COLLECTION SERV(604)661-7979

The following "soft" inquiries were also generated. These soft inquiries do not appear when lenders look at your file; they are only displayed to you and do not affect your credit score.

2007-10-13 CDN BONDED CREDITS(416)753-4900
    2007-10-13 EQUIFAX PERSONAL SOL(Phone Number Not Available)
    2007-01-30 CBV COLLECTIONS SERV(604)661-7979
    2005-08-23 AUTH ECONSUMER REQUE(Phone Number Not Available)
    2005-08-23 EQUIFAX PERSONAL SOL(Phone Number Not Available)
    2005-08-23 EQUIFAX PERSONAL SOL(Phone Number Not Available)

Q - Are the 1st 2 entries what they refer to as "Hard Inquiries" ? and am I correct in assuming "CBV COLLECTION SERV" has made credit request? Are they allowed to without my concent?

Q- Is CDN BONDED CREDITS a collection agency? and why would there be an inquiry immediately after I requested my credit report?

Q - What does "EQUIFAX PERSONAL SOL" and "AUTH ECONSUMER REQUE" mean?

I'm very confused! I am interpreting some of these inquiries as though I had made them, which I haven't? Except for the one on 10-13-07. Why would other collection agencies make inquiries if the debt I owe is assigned to CBCL ONT ?

I am able to pay the debt now. If I were to pay it, would it reset the entry to the payment date and stay on my report for another 2 yrs?

I had to submit a current address and telephone number in order to get my report. Does that mean Equifax will update my information and I'm going to start getting phone calls from the collection agency?

Many, many Thanks in advance for your responses!
    Sincerely,
    Giselle
    baxterda Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 7, 2011, 08:59 PM
    I can answer the following:

EQUIFAX PERSONAL SOL Reviewing your credit report

AUTH ECONSUMER REQUE Successful log on

AUTH INTERSECTION Log on failure

They are all enquiries made by you accessing the system.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

On my credit report [ 1 Answers ]

On my credit report there are a few things that I believe should have been included in my bankruptcy but show I still have a balance... account status is showing closed but still a balance! I don't know if the creditor didn't update through the credit beruas or not... what should I do... please...

Credit report [ 11 Answers ]

On my credit report I have a collection agency that reported first in 1999 Just when that was about to be removed from my credit report they (the collection agency)sold the account to another collection agency who re-reported it and now it will be 7 more years before it will be removed.it is the...

Credit Report [ 7 Answers ]

I have contacted all my creditors listed on my 3 credit reports and settled my long past due accounts with all but 1 and will work on this 1 this month. Here's the deal - I am longing to be a home owner and my score is poor (535). I have made mistakes in my 40+ years and now ready to do right. I...

View more questions Search