Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    fca Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 13, 2007, 08:29 PM
    Electric Range Position
    My electrician left a 220-receptacle for me where my new electric range goes. The receptacle is about halfway up the wall. When I plug the range in and push it back into position is sticks out from the wall about 2-1/2 inches because of the size of the plug. Is this acceptable or do I need to rewire the receptacle closer to the floor in order for the chord and receptacle to fall into the cavity of the stove where the drawer goes. I don't know what the standard is but for me to move the line seems like a ton of work for just a few inches of movement on the stove. Please let me know if someone thinks this is acceptable.

FCA
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Oct 14, 2007, 05:16 AM
    It is acceptable as long as you don't mind the space the range is pushed out from the wall. That is why the cavity is provided, so the outlet can be installed at that location and the range can be pushed up against the wall.

The electrician goofed on this, did not pay attention to the cavity or has not installed many range outlets.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kenmore Electric Range [ 3 Answers ]

I have a Kenmore Electric Range - The light in the oven will come on, the clock works, the light on the front indicates that the burners are turned on but I have not heat in the oven or the burners

Changing from a gas range to an electric smooth top range [ 1 Answers ]

What are the requirement for switching from cooking with a gas stove to cooking with and electric stove

Electric Range Wiring [ 4 Answers ]

Thanks ahead of time... I live in a home built in 1981 and the electrical wiring to the old Top range consists of three wires ( black, white and a copper bare wire). I bought a new Electric range that has connections in the back for four wires. My questions are: 1. do I purchase a three plug...

Electric range [ 2 Answers ]

The digital clock works, the timer works, even the lights come one indicating a burner or oven is on BUT the neither the burners not the oven heats.

GE Electric Range [ 6 Answers ]

Help! My electric Range is 3 years old. The range timer and clock are working,however the oven nor the surface units heat up. Does this sound like something I can repair myself or should I be calling a repair person?

View more questions Search