Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    talishiya mitchell Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 13, 2007, 05:33 PM
    Starting my own courier services
    I want to know if this is a good start business? I do I go about getting a grant for this?
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Oct 13, 2007, 10:09 PM
    What exactly do you mean by "courier" please? Are you asking about delivering messages, people, goods, etc.
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Oct 14, 2007, 01:07 AM
    I don't understand... why would you need a grant? Usually most people find start up cash; savings, borrow it, etc. I guess I'm a little different-I didn't look for grants-started it up with sweat and guts. How about you Clough?

I would also be interested in finding out if you have any experience in this business? Too many people are unsuccessful because they think this would be a great idea, then jump with both feet into something that they knew nothing about. One way is to go to work in the business that you eventually want and learn it from the inside out.
    -Stringer
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Oct 14, 2007, 01:12 AM
    Unless it is something for not-for-profit or very beneficial to an impoverished section of the community, I don't think grants would be available. Loans, on the other hand, are usually readilly available to start certain businesses once certain criteria are met.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Courier & Hot shot [ 2 Answers ]

Hey all my names Jason and I am just starting a courier & hot shot company in edmonton Alberta I am wondering if anyone can give me some advice as to getting companys to hire my service and any other advice towards starting a small business If anyone has some words of wisdom or advice it will be...

Universal air courier [ 3 Answers ]

Is this a real business in the UK?

Thinking of opening courier/hot shot business [ 1 Answers ]

My problem is I only know the basics like pick stuff up, drop stuff off, make money. The things I need to know like invoicing, billing, insurance info, what kind of money I would be looking at in this business, what to charge basically every thing I need to Know to get started. The fact that I...

View more questions Search