Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sagnello Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 13, 2007, 04:49 PM
    Noma Digital Thermostat - Display issue
    Hi,

I was doing the simple task of changing the batteries on my Noma digital thermostat. When I put the new batteries in the display went blank and I can't for the life of me get it to come back.

Any suggestions?

Scott
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Oct 13, 2007, 08:39 PM
    Turn power off at the furnace. Remove the batteries. Short the battery terminals on the stat for about 10 seconds. Re-install batteries and turn on furnace. Worth a shot.
    wmproop Posts: 3,749, Reputation: 91
    Ultra Member

Oct 13, 2007, 09:46 PM
    Might be putting the batterys in wrong
    sagnello Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 14, 2007, 05:12 PM
    Turns out you have to hit the reset button once you put the new batteries in, the display will stay blank until then.

Thanks for the suggestions

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Installing noma digital thermostat [ 4 Answers ]

Hi - I am having difficulty replacing my old thermostat with a Noma brand programmable thermostat. The old thermostat - an old manual mercury type - is connected to 5 wires labelled on the circuit board as G, R, Y, W, and 4. it looks very much like the model shown on this website: ...

How to install Noma digital thermostat [ 6 Answers ]

I bought a home with a new Carrier hi efficiency gas furnace but the old original White Rodgers theromstat. The original thermostat is the mercury switch type for both heat and cool and has 4 wires (Red, White, Green and Black). I tried to install a new Noma #52-2570-6 digital thermostat, which...

Noma Programmable Digital Thermostat [ 8 Answers ]

I have Honeywell mercury tilt theromometers controlling the baseboard heating in my home. I want to be able to programme the heat to turn on and off as and when it is needed and I bought some Noma Programmable Digital Thermostats to replace them. The Honeywell thermostats work well but when I...

Noma digital programmable model52-255808 [ 1 Answers ]

Can I get a wiring diagram?

Noma digital 7 day install [ 2 Answers ]

I have radiant in floor heat, 2 Honeywell dial type thermostats. Heat source is an oil fired hot water heater. Old therostats have 2 wires 1 black and 1 white. On the new multi terminal digitals what does the black connect to and also the white. No blower or A/C. There is a removable loop...

View more questions Search