Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    PamelaM Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 23, 2005, 01:15 PM
    Juice fast questions (40 days)
    :confused: Hi, I have some juice fasting questions I was hoping to get answered. :-)

How long does average freshly squeezed juice stay fresh? If I want to drink 10 cups of juice do I have to juice it 10 times a day or can I make juice to last a day or two? I know pineapple juice has to be drunk within 20 minutes or something. I usually juice apples, oranges, pomegranates, White Indian guava, lemons, carrots, celery, watermelon, garlic, and I’m going to start leafy greens. Can these last a day or two?

How much would eating an occasional cup or two of watermelon slow down a juice fast as compared to eating bananas or avocadoes?

How much water separate from the juice should I drink when on a juice fast?

Is it okay to do other cleanses such as candida cleanse pills or a parasite cleanse and are vitamins and supplements like multi-vitamins or coconut oil okay to take while on a juice fast?

When I go on the Master Cleanser consisting of some lemon juice, maple syrup, and spring water I get thirstier and thirstier the longer I’m on it even if I drink a gallon of water separate from the juice, why??

How long should I wait between 40-day juice fasts, 6 months, one year, or what?

Do all juicers leave juice in the pulp side? I have two $150 juicers and both leave juice on the pulp side, especially citrus or the juicer fruits.

Thank you for your time.

Pamela
    Chery Posts: 3,666, Reputation: 698
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Oct 23, 2005, 02:57 PM
    http://my.webmd.com/content/article/49/40111

Try this link. It explains about fasting, but does not sound as if it's a good way to loose weight. I'm not sure, but if you keep freshly made juice in the refrigerator, it should last at least a day or two. Good luck in finding your answer. Hope this helped a little. I'm sure that if you search for other juice diets in the net you'll find more info. Good Luck.

P.S. if you find my answer helpful,please click on 'rate this post' and either approve or disapprove, thanks.

KAOSKTRL Posts: 119, Reputation: 0

Nov 16, 2005, 05:59 PM
    You are drinking sugar try to get some veg-eatables
    trainer0226 Posts: 15, Reputation: 2

Nov 17, 2005, 06:57 PM
    Diet
    Ok first, this is not a good idea. I’m not an expert in nutrition. I am working toward a degree in sports medicine so I know enough to say that this is not a good way to lose weight. You are going to start to deprive yourself of needed vitamins and fats for that matter. So you will start to show signs of change. If you’re trying to lose weight eating the fresh fruit is better for you than drinking it because you’re also taking in the fiber. I would strongly emphasize that this is not a good idea.
    PamelaM Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 17, 2005, 08:12 PM
    40 days done
    First of all it's too late to tell me not to do it. I'm done! I survived! And why do many of you bring up weight? :confused: I never said anything about weight. My primary reason was for HEALTH reasons, okay so my secondary reason was weight, even though I know I may not keep it off. BUT I have many health problems and hoping to clear some up with the fast and cleanses. I did a liver and gallbladder cleanse on the 40th day. Even though I was never diagnosed with gallstones I got some out. :)

Anyway I got a comment from someone I have only known recently that she has "never seen me tired," which is so ironic since I have had chronic fatigue for 11 years due to health problems including sleep apnea. But I noticed that during the 40 day juice fast I was less fatigued and tired. :D Other health benefits too, so I'm glad I did it! ;)

Pamela
    Chery Posts: 3,666, Reputation: 698
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Nov 17, 2005, 09:19 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by PamelaM
    First of all it's too late to tell me not to do it. I'm done! I survived! And why do many of you bring up weight? :confused: I never said anything about weight. My primary reason was for HEALTH reasons, okay so my secondary reason was weight, even though I know I may not keep it off. BUT I have many health problems and hoping to clear some up with the fast and cleanses. I did a liver and gallbladder cleanse on the 40th day. Even though I was never diagnosed with gallstones I got some out. :)

Anyway I got a comment from someone I have only known recently that she has "never seen me tired," which is so ironic since I have had chronic fatigue for 11 years due to health problems including sleep apnea. But I noticed that during the 40 day juice fast I was less fatigued and tired. :D Other health benefits too, so I'm glad I did it! ;)

Pamela
    Great for you Pamela. My uncle fasts twice a year also and he takes vitamins and minerals when he does as a supplement, he's 77 and still a physician treating his patients and giving me advice on how to help mine, although I'm in the Therapy specialty, and not general medicine, though I had a few years of that as well. Fasting is not always bad, as long as you know what you are doing, but we see more failures than success, i.e. eating disorders because of underlying mental conflicts. And yes, it's not always associated with weight loss. If you have the time and/or inclination, could you explain to me why and how you did your self-treatment and what benefits you achieved from it? This might be of interest to some of us as well, me for sure, as I have several health conditions, one of them arthritis (the easiest one right now) but still painful, and I would like to treat it without using pharmacueticals that attack my liver. Thanks for sharing your experiece with me in advance, Chery

KAOSKTRL Posts: 119, Reputation: 0

Jan 10, 2006, 06:16 PM
    Im on day 5 of a diluted juice fast about 200 calories a day.
    Hitting a little tiredness doing moderate kettlebell and heavy bag .
    montiki Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 14, 2008, 08:18 AM
    Hi,

I am new to this site but not to your question.

Contrary to what some say. Juice fasting is about one of the best things you can do for your body. It gives the digestive system a break, cleanses the blood, cleanses the body of built up toxins not to mention many other benefits. Weight loss inevitably happens, and if you do not continue with healthy eating afterwards, you are sure to gain back any weight lost. But most of all it has all round health benefits.

The only people that have negative comments about fasting are those who have never done a proper one.

If one has emotional issues about body image such as an eating disorder then fasting would be a bad idea as it is entered into with the wrong motive.

Many chronic deseases have been healed through fasting for many people.

It's a good thing... Good for you! I am impressed with your discipline
    Ravenus31 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 10, 2008, 10:11 AM
    Everything I have researched says the same thing... Juice Fasting/Detoxification has monumental benefits for the body. That's why I'm interested. I have read several books and articles by physicians who treat their patients with fasting. As far as depriving your body of nutrients, when you juice fast, your body is receiving thousands of nutrients through the juice consumed. More than you would ever be able to consume with eating, unless you ate massive amounts. I'm convinced juicing is a winner. I just need to determine the proper timing.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Aug 14, 2008, 10:30 AM
    40 day fasts are more for spiritual reasons and should not be done even once every year.

To cleanse your body a fast for a week to a month should be enough.
    But also eat healthier too.
    IM4U Posts: 156, Reputation: 16

Sep 24, 2008, 08:38 PM
    Even though this conversation seems to be winding down, I want to offer this: A Dr. Blaylock says he blends his fruits. Someone mentioned earlier the need to include the pulp of fruits. I do that. A tablespoon of honey can help to take the tart edge off citrus peeling.

And Pamela, I use a C-PAP "air pump" with humidifier for sleep apnea. Wouldn't want to be without it. I use it even for daytime naps.

On my program I lost 15 pounds in app 1.5 weeks. Down to 275!

Caring for alla y'all who work (with moderation) to be healthy! Well, really, I care about you others too, but you need to be careful and not make things worse in your effort to make things better!

IM4U
    ntmds Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Sep 27, 2008, 08:04 AM
    Fresh juice start losing its nutritional value 15 minutes after contact with air.
    ntmds Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Sep 27, 2008, 08:14 AM
    Sorry, I had one more thing to add. The Jack LaLane juicer is great. Only dry pulp and costs about $100. TIP (when I called to ask questions about it, they called me back shortly after and offered me a lower price).
    604glass5 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 23, 2009, 03:54 PM
    :DFrom all my research on juicing,I have seen many times that drinking the juice as soon as possible after juicing is the best. That being said, for people that work, have lots of commitments, have a family to take care of etc, juicing in the morning for your days supply is fine. The reason they say to drink it as soon as possible is the longer it oxidizes for the more enzymes etc are lost. Most of us don't have the privilege to juice on demand. I have done one 7 day fast and one 10 day fast and started another fast for an unknown length today. I have 1 tbs of coconut oil a day along with spirulina added to the master cleanse recipe and freshly juiced fruits and veggies (mostly veggies). It seems to work for me. I usually lose 1/2 to 3/4 of a pound a day and gain back 1 to 2 pounds after. I have 3 young kids and a husband to cook for and I have made it through, wasn't easy by any means but I did it, and I'm doing it again. Good luck to anyone embarking on a juice fast/feast!
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Sep 23, 2009, 06:10 PM

I figure squeezed and drank later is better than much of the juices you buy off the shelf.
    summer7 Posts: 344, Reputation: 44

Oct 19, 2009, 06:22 PM

Hi,
    I've never been on a juice fast but I do "juice" 5 days a week. With so many days of preparing fruit and veggie juices, it can get a little boring. I found a great book
    Amazon.com: Juiceman's Power of Juicing (9780446365482): Jay Kordich: Books

Here you can enjoy juice recipes for all types of ailments. There are juices for: acne, aging, anxiety, bruising, colds, constipation, fatigue, high blood pressure, hair, high cholesterol, impotency, insomnia, skin, migraines, morning sickness, sinus problems, sore throat, osteoporosis, prostate problems, tooth decay, upset stomach, urinary tract infection, viral infection and much more!

He discusses the benefits of juicing in detail and gives info on juice fasting. Very informative book. Enjoy! :)
    punkadee Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 12, 2010, 05:35 PM
    [QUOTE=PamelaM;56280]First of all it's too late to tell me not to do it. I'm done! I survived! And why do many of you bring up weight? :confused: I never said anything about weight. My primary reason was for HEALTH reasons, okay so my secondary reason was weight, even though I know I may not keep it off. BUT I have many health problems and hoping to clear some up with the fast and cleanses. I did a liver and gallbladder cleanse on the 40th day. Even though I was never diagnosed with gallstones I got some out. :)

Pamela[ Hello, I have chonic fatigue, which is closely relatied from what I have heard, I found the Gerson Therapy a very wonder from of treatment. ( Juicing) . Very infomative! If you have a net flix account, You can watch a Movie from your computer called the Gerson Miracle. I was bed bound at the time I came across this film, I was watching a lot of Documentary at that time. Anyway, try it out. I found her book at Barnes and Nobel and she has a website] you can go to .

Thanks, Way to go Girl!
    krysikrys Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 30, 2011, 10:57 AM
    I am on the juice diet for a past 3 weeks. Now I am not sure if I want to stop it I feel so good with it!On another hand I really love food and cooking, anyway... After one week on juice diet I notice a big improvement. I became more optimistic and happy than I use to be, I think is the detox positively influence my mood and also vitamins from vegetables and fruits. My favorite is red beetroots its relay make me feel well. In the first 2 weeks I lost 4kg, I never was over weight anyway, but I always want it to lose around 8 kg to look slimmer, this diet just make it happen naturally. I also notice some improvement in skin condition and heir- naturally healthy look:).
    I think everyone should try it at least for 1 week.
    pjpratt Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 3, 2012, 09:04 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenus31 View Post
    Everything I have researched says the same thing...Juice Fasting/Detoxification has monumental benefits for the body. That's why I'm interested. I have read several books and articles by physicians who treat their patients with fasting. As far as depriving your body of nutrients, when you juice fast, your body is receiving thousands of nutrients through the juice consumed. More than you would ever be able to consume with eating, unless you ate massive amounts. I'm convinced juicing is a winner. I just need to determine the proper timing.
    The proper time is now, if not now then when?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

7 days late, spotting last 2 days [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, My period is 7 days late today. The past couple of days I've been having cramps and I'm always sure my period has started but when I go to the bathroom there's nothing in my underware, just some brown smearing when I wipe. My husband and I have been trying to conceive for 2 months... I tested...

Lemon Juice [ 10 Answers ]

Hey. I heard somewhere that lemon juice can act as a skin bleaching method but I'm not sure if its good for your skin. Should it be mixed with something before hand or what?? :confused:

Juice fasting [ 2 Answers ]

Hello. My question regards juice fasting. I did a 3 day juice fast three months ago, the purpose being to rest and cleanse the intestines, as I have done many times in the past. But this time I lost 15 lbs from an already slender frame(usually 145), and the weight hasn't come back. I look...

Why we drink juice? [ 1 Answers ]

Please tell me: 1)Why we drink fruit juice?Why is it good for us? 2)Why we should drink juice in the morning.( for example not in the night) Please answer me completely and/or tell me where (On Internet) I can find more information. Regards

Why we drink juice? [ 1 Answers ]

Please tell me: 1)Why we drink fruit juice?Why is it good for us? 2)Why we should drink juice in the morning.( for example not in the night) Please answer me completely and/or tell me where (On Internet) I can find more information. Regards

View more questions Search