Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Oct 13, 2007, 09:11 AM
    Noma thermostat help
    I am posting this here in support of the administration's policy of asking and answering questions in the public forum. I appreciate your confidence in me, but PM'ing me is not the best choice for H & C questions.

'' I just purchased a noma thermostat 52 2570 6 and I'm having trouble turning the heat on. Is there any prior programming before the heat is to be turned on?

I have a 4 wire unit

Red to rh
    Black to y
    White to w
    Green to g

Ihope this connection is right.

Any suggestions?''

You need to read the directions that came with the thermostat and program it. I think it must either be programed to heat at the current time or use the program override. You may need to check the wiring at the furnace. Most cables have a yellow wire rather than a black. Make sure all the wires are connected to the same terminals at the furnace and thermostat. If you have A/C, the red wire needs jumpered to both RH & RC. For more info, see the sticky at https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/heatin...ons-58313.html

Although in the past, I have helped many people, we now have some experienced professionals, Northern heat, Ttop, Acetc, etc. willing and better able to help. If it wasn't for correcting answers from those that don't even how little they know, I would be happy to stick to dogs, and leave plumbing, heating, and electrical to the good people in each. I wish those knowing less than me would too.

Check out some similar questions!

Noma thermostat [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I have a NOMA Programmable 7-Day Thermostat, but today it seems to have gone strange. I had it on the Cool and heat started coming out of the vents. I thought the air conditioning was broken, so I turned the thermostat off, but a little while later the vent came on with hot air again? How...

Noma thermostat [ 1 Answers ]

I just baught and it has a noma programmable thermostat but I have no idea on how to program it at all if there is a manual on how to program or someone who can tell me how to program that would be great

Noma Thermostat [ 1 Answers ]

Hi everybody, sooo happy to find you. My brother recently sent me a Noma Digital 7 Day thermostat. I'm pretty good at following instructions but I still think I managed to mess this one up. After removing my old mercury thermostat, I only found 2 wires, neither of which were labelled, just...

Noma thermostat [ 2 Answers ]

I think this may be a typical problem with converting to a Noma programmable thermostat. I currently have a Sears model , 4 wire and a black wire (jumper?) going from RC to 4. There is also a disabled black wire coming from the wall but not connected to anything. Do I eliminate the black...

Noma Thermostat [ 1 Answers ]

I have installed two Noma non-programmable thermostats in my bedroom. On controls the heat and the other controls the AC. My question is, why are the displayed temperatures different on each thermostat? They are literally 2 inches apart and the indicated temp on one is 1.2 degrees higher than on...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.