Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    terminator05 Posts: 45, Reputation: 2

Oct 13, 2007, 05:00 AM
    Sorry if its long
    I know this may be on the long side, but please read, and any advice/suggestions/inputs/opinios, anything will be appreciated.

Here is the situation:

My uncle (no names mentioned) has decided to try and file for an order of protection against my grandparents (which would be his parents). They decided to do this, because they went to their children's school for grandparents day, and gave their kids a picture of themselves. Apprently, they don't want them seeing their kids at all. But that isn't the real problem here, if it was just in my grandparents "hands" I wouldn't even be typing this. But my grandparents want more or less everyone they can get to be with them in court (my parents, me, my sister, my aunt on my moms side and her kids) but the thing is, my uncle (the one taking them to court) has decided to drag up past events that involve me. Pastevents I was hoping was put behind me and forgotten about, events I really don't want to mention (just something I ever regretted doing when I was a KID) Now, I feel, if I do go to court to support them (my granparents) it will make THEM look like the "bad guys". It would make them look like the bad guys because I lived with them for a year (is the reason my uncle stated).

Now, the fact he is bringing the past up has seriously p***** me off! I have, for the moment decided NOT to go to court because with MY anger, I would see him, then at the end of the court session, I'd be led out of the court room in hand cuffs, so I think it is smart NOT going. At this point, I don't know what to do. I thought I had enough stress in my life, and now this has popped up.

I guess my question is, should I go to court anyway, despite how me and my grandparents will look? And just suggest he is, I don't know, guarded, or something? I just have never been so mad with a relative before, I tried stress balls, but have popped one or two, I tried just clenching my fists, but my nails dig into my palms, and start bleeding, I have tried forgetting about it, but someone brings it up.

Sorry to bore y'all with endless blabber. But it beatrs having to pay a shrink to unload this to. Besides, I couldn't afford a shrink even IF I wanted to see one, too expensive nowadays.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Oct 13, 2007, 06:05 AM
    Hello t:

I wouldn't testify against my grandparents. But that's just me.

excon

Oct 13, 2007, 06:23 AM
    Hey con,

My grandparents want me on THEIR side. I wouldn't testify against them either, its my uncle who is starting all this trouble. If anything, I would be testifying against my uncle.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Oct 13, 2007, 06:33 AM
    Hello again, t:

I wouldn't testify against ANYBODY.

excon

Oct 13, 2007, 06:37 AM
    So, are you saying I should skip out on the court date, unless otherwise obligated to go?
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Oct 13, 2007, 05:17 PM
    I don't quite understand your thread. Especially the part about "being led out of the courtroom in handcuffs". You haven't mentioned anything about being arrested and charged with a crime. Did you do something criminal during the year you lived with your grandparents and you're afraid that your uncle is going to bring that up in court? If it isn't relevant to the case your uncle is trying to make against your grandparents then their attorney should immediately object and have it be sustained. In that case it'd all be hearsay and no action would be taken against you in the courtroom. As for you appearing in court on behalf of your grandparents I'd have to ask what personal role, if any, do you have in the case your uncle is trying to build against your grandparents? Are you in a position to be a credible witness one way or the other? It's hard to see where you fit into all of this. If I understand the situation correctly, your uncle is seeking an order of protection against your grandparents because your uncle doesn't want them around his kids. It really doesn't sound like you're in a position to give any testimony one way or another as the situation doesn't involve you personally. Any "mistakes" you may have made when you were young are totally irrelevant unless perhaps you did them while you were under your grandparents' care and guardianship and they knowingly permitted you to do such things. If that's true than that may come into evidence against your grandparents. But it won't result in any sanctions against you ; you'll just have to testify that you did those things, with your grandparents' knowledge and that they failed to take any reasonable steps to prevent you from doing them.
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Oct 13, 2007, 05:19 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by terminator05
    So, are you saying I should skip out on the court date, unless otherwise obligated to go?
    Yes. Unless you're subpoenaed, there's no reason for you to go.

Oct 14, 2007, 04:45 PM
    Cianci, what I mean by "led out in hand cuffs" is, my hate for my uncle at this point is so high, that if I see him, no matter where I am, I will do something I'll regret, like attack the m***** f***er.

And also, I did do something criminal, which is why I was staying at my greandparents, and my uncle is trying to use THAT to have the court shift his way.
    lloydj Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 6, 2011, 07:17 PM
    Sorry if its long!
    I'm going out with this guy ( goanna call him N) for like a little more than a week now. We are in the same class all day and he sits in front of me and he doesn't talk to me only a little. After the weekend passed two days later he sent his friend to go tell me on the play ground ( him in 6th grade and still like playgrounds) that he loves me. He never hugs me or anything like that and the only time he does its only cause we play truth or dare and they dare him to hug me! Today we had a graduation dance and me and my friends like to have fun when we dance and dance like sluts lol. He danced with us but he'd go to where he was far from me but still in front of me. When the put duranquence or Mexican music like that and he went to go dance with my friend( goanna call her D) instead of me but my friends said when he would pass by where I was dancing with my best friend Jazzy (girl but we aunt les) he would try to touch my hand. Anyway I went to go to the hall to drink water and I told Jazzy that he would rather dance with D. than with me. So we went back and danced to another song and Jazzy told N's best friend to go ask him if he was trying to touch my hand and wanted to dance with me and he said if I wand. So he came back and told me to go dance with him but I didn't cause that would be awkward if he said no. So Jazzy got us together and made us dance. After that he never talked to me and the guys were flirting with me while I was dancing and he didn't care. After school me and Jazzy went to my house and I talked to her about this and she said I should break up with him but I still like him. Irk watt to do cause it seems like he don't like me anymore and I don't wand break up with him but I don't wand look stupid dating someone who don't like me. Should I stay with him or break up with him? Please give me advice and if u tell me yes can u please give a reason why and anything you think might help our relationship. Thank You!
    P.S only 2 days left of school before summer and then middle school!

My uncle no names mentioned) has decided to try and file for an order of protection against my grandparents (which would be his parents). They decided to do this, because they went to their children's school for grandparents day; and give their kids a picture of themselves. Apparently, They don't want them seeing their kids at all. But that isn't the real problem here , if it was just in my grandparents “hand” l wouldn't even be typing this. But my grandparents want more or less everyone they can get to be with them in count (my parents, me, my sister, my aunt on my moms side and her kids) but the thing is, my uncle (the one taking them to count) has decided to drag up past events that involve me. Past events I was hoping was put behind me and forgotten about , events I really don't wants to mention (just something I ever regretted doing when I was a KID) Now , I feel, if I do go court to support them (my grandparents) it will make THEM look like the” bad guys” lt would make them look like the bad guys with them for a year (is the reason mu uncle stared). Now, the fact he is bringing the past up has seriously p******me off! I have, for the moment decided NOT to go to court because with MY anger, l would see him, than at the end of the court session , I'd be led out of the court room in hand cuffs, so I think It is smart NOT going. At this point, l don't know what to do. I thought I had enough stress in my life, and now this has popped up. I guess my question is, should I go to court anyway, despite how me and my grandparents will look? And just suggest he is, I don't know, guarded, or something? I just have never been so mad with a relative before, I tried stress balls, but have popped one or two , I tried just clenching my fists, but my nails dig into my palm , and start bleeding, I have tried forgetting about it, but someone brings it up.
    Sorry to bore y'all with endless blabber. But it beaters' having to pay a shrink to unload this to. Besides, I couldn't afford a shrink even IF I wanted to see one, too expensive nowadays.

Jun 6, 2011, 07:18 PM
    HI FGHH

Jun 6, 2011, 07:20 PM
    Sorry if its long!
    I'm going out with this guy ( goanna call him N) for like a little more than a week now. We are in the same class all day and he sits in front of me and he doesn't talk to me only a little. After the weekend passed two days later he sent his friend to go tell me on the play ground ( him in 6th grade and still like playgrounds) that he loves me. He never hugs me or anything like that and the only time he does its only cause we play truth or dare and they dare him to hug me! Today we had a graduation dance and me and my friends like to have fun when we dance and dance like sluts lol. He danced with us but he'd go to where he was far from me but still in front of me. When the put duranquence or Mexican music like that and he went to go dance with my friend( goanna call her D) instead of me but my friends said when he would pass by where I was dancing with my best friend Jazzy (girl but we aunt les) he would try to touch my hand. Anyway I went to go to the hall to drink water and I told Jazzy that he would rather dance with D. than with me. So we went back and danced to another song and Jazzy told N's best friend to go ask him if he was trying to touch my hand and wanted to dance with me and he said if I wand. So he came back and told me to go dance with him but I didn't cause that would be awkward if he said no. So Jazzy got us together and made us dance. After that he never talked to me and the guys were flirting with me while I was dancing and he didn't care. After school me and Jazzy went to my house and I talked to her about this and she said I should break up with him but I still like him. Irk watt to do cause it seems like he don't like me anymore and I don't wand break up with him but I don't wand look stupid dating someone who don't like me. Should I stay with him or break up with him? Please give me advice and if u tell me yes can u please give a reason why and anything you think might help our relationship. Thank You!
    P.S only 2 days left of school before summer and then middle school!

My uncle no names mentioned) has decided to try and file for an order of protection against my grandparents (which would be his parents). They decided to do this, because they went to their children's school for grandparents day; and give their kids a picture of themselves. Apparently, They don't want them seeing their kids at all. But that isn't the real problem here , if it was just in my grandparents “hand” l wouldn't even be typing this. But my grandparents want more or less everyone they can get to be with them in count (my parents, me, my sister, my aunt on my moms side and her kids) but the thing is, my uncle (the one taking them to count) has decided to drag up past events that involve me. Past events I was hoping was put behind me and forgotten about , events I really don't wants to mention (just something I ever regretted doing when I was a KID) Now , I feel, if I do go court to support them (my grandparents) it will make THEM look like the” bad guys” lt would make them look like the bad guys with them for a year (is the reason mu uncle stared). Now, the fact he is bringing the past up has seriously p******me off! I have, for the moment decided NOT to go to court because with MY anger, l would see him, than at the end of the court session , I'd be led out of the court room in hand cuffs, so I think It is smart NOT going. At this point, l don't know what to do. I thought I had enough stress in my life, and now this has popped up. I guess my question is, should I go to court anyway, despite how me and my grandparents will look? And just suggest he is, I don't know, guarded, or something? I just have never been so mad with a relative before, I tried stress balls, but have popped one or two , I tried just clenching my fists, but my nails dig into my palm , and start bleeding, I have tried forgetting about it, but someone brings it up.
    Sorry to bore y'all with endless blabber. But it beaters' having to pay a shrink to unload this to. Besides, I couldn't afford a shrink even IF I wanted to see one, too expensive nowadays.
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Jun 6, 2011, 08:02 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by lloydj View Post
    ... Should I stay with him or break up with him? Please give me advice and if u tell me yes can u please give a reason why and anything you think might help our relationship. ...
    You should break up with him. Why? Because you cut and paste long, rambling posts from 3 1/2 years ago is why. :rolleyes:

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How long is too long to have depression? [ 7 Answers ]

I'm Ariel and am 16 years old. I have had depression for about 7 years starting around the time my parents were getting a divorce. My mother took me and my 3 other sisters to a Phsyciatrist for about a year then took us out for awhile then took me back in all within 2 years. I have been very strong...

How long is too long in a crate? [ 1 Answers ]

Things are going much better with training the puppy to go outside! Thank goodness! Now we're concerned about how long she's in the crate. I've seen opinions on both sides of the fence. Some say it's OK to leave her in there during the day while at work (which means she's also in the crate during...

How long does it take? [ 3 Answers ]

Ive been off the pill for 3mo. Now and we're trying to conceive, how long does it usually take? I keep track of the ovulation time and all that... What am I doing wrong?:confused:

A long long thread [ 2 Answers ]

Hello there. I've decided this to be a long thread because I will ask many many things and I hope to discuss many things here. If a coin is placed on a piece of card resting atop of a jar, it is possible to flick the card away sharply so that the coin falls into the jar. Explain why this is...

Long-short-long [ 2 Answers ]

Hey you Okay I have a dilemma.For along time I had Long hair(almost to my butt)but then I started working out and it would get sweaty so I cut it shorter(wayyy shorter like I cut off over 20 inches)but now I kind of miss my long locks! All I can do is wait.But every time I had long hair somehow I...

View more questions Search