Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jenz54 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 13, 2007, 04:33 AM
    No signal
    Turned comp off whilst away overnight and when turned back on got no signal message on monitor. Cecked all obvious things, and this has happened before but usually rights itself, only this time lasted 2 days and still same
    Any answers please?
    robertva Posts: 249, Reputation: 30

Oct 14, 2007, 01:58 AM
    Try various combinations as available:

Monitor on different computer

Different computer with monitor

IF cable is detachable from monitor (I've had some that aren't) borrow different cable to try

The problem should follow the malfunctioning component around.

Note that sometimes there's a keyboard combination that can turn a notebook's VGA port on and off (RTFM)

Some equipment will refuse to operate if one of the cooling fans isn't running. Check to see if fan(s) on CPU chip and video accelerator chips are running. May require opening case. Make sure cables and dust accumulation aren't contacting the fan blades. Don't touch the chips or circuit boards unless you know how to eliminate the static potential between your hands and the computer circuitry.

Sometimes a video card can be substituted for a motherboard video output IF the motherboard is equipped with an AGP or PCI Express slot. Might even improve video performance depending on chip set video card is equipped with.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

No signal [ 2 Answers ]

MY chassis fan went out. I replaced it. Now , I get the "no signal, check connections".what did I do wrong?

No signal [ 3 Answers ]

Hi there hope you can help me out here, I have a problem with my monitor. Every time I switch the computer on it loads up but before it can allow me to choose which settings I want to apply the monitor goes black and displays a no signal message. At first this happened only once or twice but as the...

No signal [ 1 Answers ]

When shutting down, my monitor nor hard drive cut off. You hear a click and the monitor says no signal. I have to hold in button on hard drive for system to cut off. Can anybody help me? I am a beginner Thanks

No Signal [ 3 Answers ]

Just built a new system. Pretty sure most of the specs are irrelevant except that you should know it's onboard video. So far the best I can come up with is that it's a faulty motherboard. Basically what happens is... nothing. I hook everything up, power up the computer and... nothing. Nothing...

View more questions Search