Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jlucido Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 12, 2007, 11:24 PM
    Month Registration sticker doen't match DMV registration date
    So,
    My husband was driving our almost dead car today and got pulled over.
    The officer ticketed him because the Month registration sticker on the license plate doesn't match the registration month at the DMV.

I had noticed this before but hadn't thought much of it, but now the police think we are trying to trick them into thinking that our registration is current---it is actually two weeks past due because we were planning to get a new car and I didn't want to try to smog it when I knew it probably wouldn't pass.

The problem is that the car came with a Dec tag but actually expires in Sept. But how do I prove that?
    Does anyone have experience with this?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Oct 13, 2007, 06:09 AM
    Hello j:

Even if you prove the car came with it, it won't do you any good. YOU are responsible for registering it correctly - and you didn't.

Of course the cops think you're trying to trick them. That's what cops do. They think EVERYBODY is guilty of something. However, in THIS instance, you ARE trying to trick them. No?

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Personal registration number [ 4 Answers ]

How to get a personal registration number from a foreign work force office

Auto registration [ 5 Answers ]

I have a sticky situation. I am in Virginia. Grandmother has a 2001 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Her 57 yo son has posession of the truck he will not title it in his name because he has people after him for leins (unaid taxes) he has no insurance on the truck registration is due next month and I...

Registration of business [ 1 Answers ]

How do I register a business, get a tax ID# and what do I need

Company name registration? [ 1 Answers ]

My friend and I are starting a small business, making clothing (one off's) and jewellry, do we have to register our company name before we can use it on label's, if so ,who do we contact??

View more questions Search