Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Keatts16 Posts: 36, Reputation: 2

Oct 12, 2007, 09:00 PM
    What is mormon?
    OK I need to know the quick easy version. Everything you can tell me about the mormon religion. Beliefs, traditions, whatever, I need to know ASP!!
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 12, 2007, 09:08 PM
    It started near Rochester NY. The man who started it was Joseph Smith. He claimed to have been told by an angel named Moroni about golden tablets or plates buried in a hill on the family's property. Smith dug them up. The plates contained the text of what became The Book of Mormon which is the story of the lost tribe of Israel that ended up in the Americas. The people who believe the story are called Mormons and have had a very colorful history, first in western Illinois and then when they moved to Utah.
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Oct 12, 2007, 09:39 PM
    Do your own homework here. There is no quick and easy way to relate all the information about Mormons.
    There is an official site from Mormon.org - Mormon.org
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 12, 2007, 09:45 PM
    I figured he was a Mitt Romney fan.
    Keatts16 Posts: 36, Reputation: 2

Oct 12, 2007, 10:27 PM
    Thanks! That webiste helped a lot. I mostly just wanted to know how their views differed from christian views... and a few other things. Thanks!
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Oct 13, 2007, 02:57 AM
    You also might want to click on the following search.

Mormon compared to Christianity - Google Search
    Tj3 Posts: 3,028, Reputation: 112
    Ultra Member

Oct 13, 2007, 09:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Keatts16
    OK I need to know the quick easy version. Everything you can tell me about the mormon religion. beliefs, traditions, whatever, i need to know ASP!!!!!
    Here is a quicky chart that compares Christian beliefs with some key Mormon beliefs:

http://www.geocities.com/smithtj.geo...ism_charts.pdf

Also check out this webpage:

http://www.geocities.com/smithtj.geo/mormonism.html
    amberissmiling Posts: 23, Reputation: 2

Mar 17, 2010, 10:47 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Keatts16 View Post
    thanks! that webiste helped alot. i mostly just wanted to know how their views differed from christian views... and a few other things. thanks!
    Members of the church of jesus christ of latter day saints follow christ and his teaching while on this earth, making us christians. The difference, mainly, comes from the belief most 'christians' have about the trinity. Lds members do not believe that god, jesus and the holy ghost are the same person--> we believe that jesus is the son of god, that god is the father of all and that the holy ghost is the third PERSON in the godhead. Because of this, it's said that we worship a "different" christ. In reality, it's the same man for all of us, we just disagree on who, exactly, he is.
    kmerilatt Posts: 6, Reputation: 2

Jun 3, 2012, 03:59 PM
    If you want to learn more about mormonism as well you can look up mine and my husband's website Ephesians 2 (Home Page).

We run a ministry towards showing the truth in Love to Mormons and Jehovah's Witnesses.

I was raised Mormon and left when I was 20 years old.
    hauntinghelper Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 290
    Paranormal and Spiritual Interests

Jun 3, 2012, 04:42 PM
    Yeah, I can see this discussion possibly going south real quick.

Keatts - there are a number of great books out there that really compare Christianity to the LDS church. I'm reading a really good one entitled "The Mask of Mormonism". It's also covered really well in a chapter of "Kingdom of the Cults". There is no quick answer anybody can give you. This will take research on your behalf.
    rebeccabishop Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 2, 2012, 11:24 PM
    Well they can't date until 16
    Or have anything like sugur for ex sode is something they CANNOT have believe me I had a mormon boy friend at 13 when he was 13 and he got in trouble for dating me
    kmerilatt Posts: 6, Reputation: 2

Dec 3, 2012, 12:30 AM
    They have now changed the rules that you can have soda but can't have coffee. They will get in trouble for dating a non-mormon if they aren't bringing you to church with them.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search