Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    fallen2grace Posts: 199, Reputation: 4

Oct 12, 2007, 04:11 PM
    Freedom Writers Diary?
    My mom was looking in our shed and found one of my brothers books from high school.

"The Freedom Writes Diary"

I started reading it and it appears that this book, you could call it a sequel to "Freedom Writers" I just wanted to know if my assumption was true, If it really is the 'sequel' of freedom writers.

Thanks!
    Fallen
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Oct 12, 2007, 05:45 PM
    Freedom Writers is the term used to describe the students in Erin Gruwell class. They took the name in honor to the FreedomRiders of the Civil Rights Movement in the South.

If you read the description on Amazon about the book you can see the history of the Freedom Writers project.
    Amazon.com: The Freedom Writers Diary : How a Teacher and 150 Teens Used Writing to Change Themselves and the World Around Them: Books: Freedom Writers,Zlata Filipovic

There is also a Freedom Writers Foundation, as you can read about on the following site:
    Home - Freedom Writers Foundation

There is now a movie, called Freedom Writers, starring Hilary Swank - Freedom Writers (2007)

Oct 12, 2007, 06:54 PM
    So, This is the book that the movie was based off?
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Oct 12, 2007, 09:31 PM
    It appears to be, yes. I have not read the book nor have I seen the movie but the movie is supposed to tell the story.

Oct 13, 2007, 09:01 PM
    Yeah. I looked on Wikipedia. Thanks for the help. For some reason I thought that there were two books because the title had "diary" in it. Thanks! And I would read the book. Its really good!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Diary Of A Snow Shoveller . [ 2 Answers ]

December 8: 6:00 PM. It started to snow. The first snow of the season and the wife and I took our cocktails and sat for hours by the window watching the huge soft flakes drift down from heaven. It looked like a Grandma Moses Print. So romantic we felt like newlyweds again. I love snow! ..... ...

Both the DVD and the CD Writers don't recognize that any disk is in the drives [ 1 Answers ]

I have a DVD/CD drive and a CD-RW drive. They have been working for years. Recently, I have been having a problem with both drives. Once or twice they worked when re-booted. Now I am not getting them to work even after re-booting several times. When I insert any recorded disk in either drive...

His and Her diary entry [ 1 Answers ]

HER DIARY: > > Tonight, I thought my husband was acting weird. We had Made plans to meetat a bar to have a drink. I was shopping with my Friends all day long, so Ithought he was upset at the fact that I was a Bit Late, but he made no comment on it. Conversation wasn't flowing, so I ...

Does Stephen King use ghost writers? [ 1 Answers ]

A girl I'm studying with claims that Stephen King is using ghost writers (that he writes down his ideas, but makes someone else write the books), and that it's a well-known fact, and that it took so much time for him to write one of his last books because he wrote him himself... I look on the...

Bridget Jones's Diary 2 [ 2 Answers ]

Does anyone know when Bridget Jones's Diary: The Edge Of Reason, is suppose to come out?

View more questions Search