Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ajsdad Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 12, 2007, 02:36 PM
    Father fighting for custody
    Hi,
    I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask but I just stumbled across this site and read a question from another father in a similar situation. I have been divorced for 2 years and I have shared custody of my daughter. This means absolutely nothing to my ex wife considering she takes visits away and doesn't include me in decisions about schooling or daycare. She spends most of her time stalking me, driving past my house, searching for me on the internet and harassing people I have worked for. I have lost 3 jobs because of her interference and I've had it. I talked to a lawyer about a restraining order and he said she hasn't broken any laws. I also found out from her brother and father that she doesn't take care of or pay attention to my daughter and that they are always taking care of her. I love this little girls so much and would give anything to be with her everyday. Her mother is always harassing me through email and voice messages about getting more money but never really tells me how my daughter is doing. I am about to apply for sole custody but do not know what I am in for. I really can't afford a lawyer but I will spend whatever I have to get one. My daughter has come over with bruises and what looked like a cigarette burn on her hand, yes her mom smokes, and one time her picked her up at her mother's boyfriend's house and they were smoking in the same room right next to her. She will also scream yell and curse at me in front of my daughter. I am tired of all of this trouble and would like to have my daughter with me where I know she is safe. When she heard about my plans, the first thing she said was oh you just want a bigger tax refund every year. Shows where her mind goes first. I don't care about that.
    Can anyone tell me what I can do? Even if I can't get custody, how can I put a stop to this?
    supermommy25 Posts: 39, Reputation: 4

Oct 12, 2007, 03:40 PM
    I just think that instead of worrying about a restraining order you should talk to a lawyer about getting custody of your daughter... I don't see why a court would not award you custody according to what you said about your daughter's mother, but if it does go to court you are going to have to prove all the stuff you said she is doing and has done to your daughter. Try to get her brother and father on your side when you go to court... I hope everything works out for the best
    sosaj22 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Oct 23, 2008, 07:48 AM

Get a lawyer. My husband is going through a custody battle right now and the best thing I can tell all me is to get a lawyer. Judges respond better when they see a well dressed man with a lawyer and proof. TAKE PICTURES!! If it goes to trial you will be able to call witnesses. Get everything documented. When you see her come over to you with the burns take her to the hospital. Tell them how u think she got them. They may be able to hand u custody over and then you can implement a PFA and at that time you can file for full custody and should be granted.
    450donn Posts: 1,821, Reputation: 239
    Ultra Member

Oct 23, 2008, 09:01 AM

Get a lawyer. If he is a really good one maybe he will hire a private investigator to check up on your X and see if the alligations are true or not. I sure would if I was in that situation.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Father fighting for custody wants to know what to expect and how to prepare for court [ 13 Answers ]

I have served my child's mother with a custody hearing, and I myself have taken some measures to provide for the case such as tape recordings of her and the threats she made while she was pregnant about killing her self, taking a bottle of pills, then there are some stating that "This is my baby,...

Grandparent fighting for Custody [ 2 Answers ]

My daughter is 16 and is negligent in the care of her 9 month old. She has become obsessed with her boyfriend and is not thinking clearly. She recently "loaned" her child to him for a week while she stayed at home. She did not know where he was, just somewhere in Virginia, I live in Maryland, PG...

Fighting for custody [ 3 Answers ]

How can I fight for sole custody of my 4 year old if I can't prove the father is unfit?

Fighting dss for custody of my sisters children [ 1 Answers ]

DSS took my sister children, she did not want to lose custody of them but that is what has happened. My wife and I told her that we would take her children into our home so that they would be able to stay in the family. She waited because she was going to do the programs that they had asked her...

View more questions Search