Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tjr Posts: 70, Reputation: 2

Oct 21, 2005, 08:05 PM
    To tan or not to tan
    I been having trouble with my daughter concerning her wish to use tanning beds. I have tried to convince her that it's not to her advantage, but being Irish her pale skin is a constant irratation. If anyone has any ideas I'd really be thankfull
    freckles005 Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Oct 21, 2005, 09:31 PM
    How old is your daughter? Young girls nowadays want that golden tan from watching music videos of their favorite singers. If you are concerned about your daughter using a tanning bed let her know that there are other alternatives. Artificial tanning products are safe and help you look realistically bronze. I've used artificial tanners and they looked natural.
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Oct 22, 2005, 04:22 AM
    Tanning beds
    Hi,
    I fully support you in not wanting your daughter to start the "tanning bed" thing.
    Have you considered taking her to a Dermotologist? He/She would be able to give her some professional advice, and I am almost certain it would be to stay away from tanning beds.
    Maybe coming from a professional would convince her that it's not the healthiest thing to do.
    The doctor could also give some good advice on commercial tanning products, and which are safe.
    I do wish you the best, and hope everything turns out OK.
    freckles005 Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Oct 24, 2005, 05:14 PM
    I've used tanning beds when I was younger, as I got older I stopped using them and went for artificial tanners and bronzers. I was also concerned about the health risk of tanning beds.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search