Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ibg Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Oct 11, 2007, 05:02 PM
    Heater makes a loud generator noise
    When I turn on my heater it makes a loud noise (sounds like a running generator). The a/c runs fine.
    T-Top Posts: 1,871, Reputation: 100
    Ultra Member

Oct 11, 2007, 06:24 PM
    Need more info. Is it gas or heatpump, lennox or rheem? Is the noise when you first turn it on, or after the blower comes on?

Oct 11, 2007, 07:06 PM
    It's gas. Yes the noise is instant. The noise is more like a compressor than a generator.
    Ultra Member

Oct 11, 2007, 07:46 PM
    Turn the system to off and turn the fan switch to on at the thermostat. Do you hear the same noise? If so you may have a blower motor going out or just something caught in the blower wheel.(turn power off before inspecting blower wheel or motor). Is the blower turning slow or moving about the same amount of air as always?

Oct 11, 2007, 08:02 PM
    No I do not hear the same noise.

Oct 11, 2007, 08:03 PM
    The blower is moving about the same amount of heat as always.
    Ultra Member

Oct 12, 2007, 06:35 PM
    Is this your first heating season using this furnace? What brand of unit? How old is the unit?

Oct 12, 2007, 08:07 PM
    This is my 3rd season using this furnace. It's 7yrs old. Lux pro brand
    Ultra Member

Oct 12, 2007, 09:08 PM
    Are you saying it's a lexpro thermotsat or lexpro system??

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Heater/ac makes loud humming sound [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, my name is Bob Harris. My 15 year old trane heater and my year old carrier a/c makes a loud humming noise when turned on. We get air from the vents but the noise is a nuisance. Any ideas on the problem?

Water Heater makes noise [ 1 Answers ]

I have a State Select 50 gal. direct vent, gas water heater, model # PR650NBRT. It was installed when the house was built in 2002. It supplies two bathrooms and is located in the attic directly above both of them. Whenever one of the showers is in use a loud "growling" noise comes from the water...

GE Washer makes loud noise [ 3 Answers ]

I have an older GE washer (about 5-7 years old) that has started making a loud, dry metallic grinding sound when running. I had to replace the clutch about 4 years ago and recently the clip that holds it in place came loose and I had to snap it back in place. The washer worked fine for a few...

Sony Triniton makes a loud clicking noise when starting up. [ 1 Answers ]

Sony Triniton makes a loud clicking noise when starting up. It's a brand new TV. The noise it makes vibrates the TV trolley and is too loud. It happens even if it is on standby for 10 minutes. Please advise Thanks Amit Jain

Basement Bathroom Sink Makes Loud Sucking Noise [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have a question about my bottom level bathroom sink (three story town house). When no water is running (or even when it is running) there is a sucking sound coming out of the drain. It is loud enough that you can hear it in the hallway when walking by or near the bathroom. Can you tell...

View more questions Search