Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kelpacy Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Oct 11, 2007, 02:03 PM
    Math analyze strategies
    Suppose Carlos wants to order 40 light bulbs for the factory. He can buy light bulbs in boxes of 4 or 8 How many ways could he order exactly 40 bulbs. List all pssible ways

Oct 11, 2007, 02:06 PM
    Suppose carlos wants to order 40 light bulbs for the factory. He can buy light bulbs in boxes of 4 or 8. How many ways could he order exactly 40 bulbs.
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Oct 11, 2007, 02:14 PM
    40 is divided evenly by either 8 or 4. If he bought the bulbs in boxes of 4 - you are talking 4 light bulbs to the box - then he is buying 10 boxes. If he bought the bulbs in boxes of 8, then he buys 5 boxes.

Or am I missing something in the question?

Oct 11, 2007, 03:09 PM
    [QUOTE=shygrneyzs]40 is divided evenly by either 8 or 4. If he bought the bulbs in boxes of 4 - you are talking 4 light bulbs to the box - then he is buying 10 boxes. If he bought the bulbs in boxes of 8, then he buys 5 boxes.

Or am I missing something in the question?[/QUO

No that part is right but they have a organized list its states boxes of 8 and then 6 empty spaces and then the same for boxes of 4 with 6 empty spaces. I am sure I am making this harder than it is its 3rd grade Math. It also states list all possible ways he could order 40 light bulbs.
    mirfazaelian Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 28, 2009, 10:17 AM
    hi

my name is amin and I answer your question from iran
    your answer is here with the truest math prove
    so do not have any nervous!
    and the answer:

he wants to buy 40 bulb in box of 4 or 8
    so we must use the theory that called Ferma Theory. You can check it out in internet.

we have this formula: 40 = 4x + 8y
    x is the number of 4 capacities bulbs and y is the number of 8 capacities bulbs.
    you can write it with this shape: 4(10) = 4(x + 2y)
    so,
    10 = x + 2y
    now we use ferma Theory.
    so one of the answer is x=0 and y=5.
    and the other answers are:
    x=2,y=4
    x=4,y=3
    x=6,y=2
    x=8,y=1
    x=10,y=0
    so we have only 6 ways to divide the bulb.
    if you have any problem mail me with [email protected]
    be succeed
    :cool:

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Analyze [ 2 Answers ]

Can someone explain to me how you analyze this problem I am completely lost here?? Analyze the liquidity of Circuit City using each of the following analytical tools: current ratio, acid-test ratio, working capital, inventory turnover ratio, and accounts receivable turnover ratio. (Note: all...

Strategies of Communication [ 2 Answers ]

What strategies might you use to communicate the use of data effectively in written business reports?

Analyze This [ 7 Answers ]

Have you ever gotten tired of everyone around you (friends, family, co-workers, lovers, anyone and everyone) and felt that you want to be alone? It's not that you don't like them, and you certainly think that relationships are important to you, but you're just really tired of maintaining these...

Tips/Strategies on co-teaching ESL [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I am a Canadian teacher in Korea, and this is my first time being exposed to co-teaching. I am required to co-teach with a local Korean teacher of English at a public primary school, with classes as big as 35 students each. I need some helpful tips and strategies on co-teaching, and I...

View more questions Search