Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mamcdoug Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 11, 2007, 01:45 PM
    How to Program Door Chime on ADT or DSC security system.
    I have an ADT Focus 32 home security system. When the system was installed, the installer programmed a different chime sound for each of 4 exterior doors.
    I would like to change the chime tone on one of the doors, I have the "Instruction Manual" and the "Installation Manual" but neither provide information on how to select a different chime for a particular zone. I have a Master code for the system, so I think I should be able to do it if I knew which option or programming section to use.
    What would be very useful would be a chart of all the programming sections and what the options are for each one.
    Although this is an ADT branded system, I believe it is manufactured by DSC and should use the same programming codes.
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Oct 27, 2007, 09:52 AM
    It sound like the DSC Power Series. TRy this:

http://www.dsc.com/dealer/assets/man...04829_R001.PDF

If you have an Alpha Keypad it will be much easier. I use 3 of their keypads on my System.
    The Lcd 5501 for 4 different chimes, the LED Kepad in bed room so I can see Zone violation from bed. And the Alpha Keypad for the 128 Event Log(shows who and when system was armed/disarmed by and the time, alarm conditions...
    The Power 832 can be expanded to 32 Zones, wireless receiver, Automation board for local or remote phone control of system.
    I put wireless door/window transmitter in my Work Van. If I hear chime, I can tell immediately if it is front door, garage, shed, or Van.
    I love the DSC Panels. ADD installs free and $99 systems. We go way beyond that.
    If you have any other questions, come back. Good Luck.

The *6 is users code, the *8 before code is installers code. Don't know if Users Master Code will work. I can't give any codes, if you have, I will try to help.
    To determine user or installer:
    *,6,C,O,D,E, if program light flashes that is Users Master.
    If you Press *,8,C,O,D,E, and program light flashes, You have Installers Code,
    I went back to site, and Appears? Users won't work.
    If you own panel, you may be able to default panel, unless installer programmed code
    Not defaultable.
    A New board on eBay is less than $100.00.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Replacing Door Chime [ 1 Answers ]

Wanted to change my door chime with chime from former home. Purchased a larger transformer as directed. The tranformer has 3 connector screws. Hooked one to transformer screw and the other to the front door bell screw. Connected the white wires all together with a twist cover. The followed...

How to program an Adt Keyfob [ 6 Answers ]

My ADT keyfob stopped working. A neighbor, who recently moved, gave me his keyfob. How do I program it to work on my system, which is identical to my neighbors. Thanks.

A door bell chime? [ 1 Answers ]

Why would the motor keep humming when you push the button?

Program honeywell RTH230B cooling system [ 1 Answers ]

I am having problems trying to program my cooling system to come on now. I tried with the programming of time, but that did not start the unit to come on. Thanks

View more questions Search