Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    XxBbAbE2210xX Posts: 29, Reputation: 1

Oct 11, 2007, 11:53 AM
    Is my weight stopping me getting a boyfriend?
    I'm 17 and I'm nearly 15 stone! There's loadz of guys I like but no one ever asks me out! Is my weight problem the reason why no one wants to go out with me?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 11, 2007, 01:24 PM
    Everyone has their own tastes, ( first sorry don't know your weight system) but some men like only very heavy girls, that is what turns them on, some like this or that. If you are in high school, looks mean more now than they will as you grow older, latter who you are on the inside will be the big issue
    AKaeTrue Posts: 1,599, Reputation: 272
    Ultra Member

Oct 11, 2007, 01:49 PM
    15 stone is 210 lbs or 95 kg

Honey, there are guys that like all shapes and sizes.
    However, keep in mind that superficial people are not worth the time it takes to look at them ;)
    Dennis777 Posts: 478, Reputation: 124

Oct 11, 2007, 01:55 PM
    Hello.

Some Men and Ladies only look at the outside and never get to know the person inside. That's their problem not yours, they are missing out on so much in life by their actions. A real Man will get to know you and find the special lady you are and Love you for who you are.

The big turn on for any Man is for the Lady to Like herself. If you walk tall and flash that sweet sexy smile of yours you will find Mr. Right.

Dennis777
    cameron1331 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Oct 11, 2007, 01:56 PM
    That is not even over weight it is a medium and its healthy for your age.
    sov07 Posts: 5, Reputation: 2

Oct 11, 2007, 02:00 PM
    I'm a big girl and I'm 16... I never thought I would find someone that is interested in me but hey I think I've just found him I recently met this really cute guy that's really into me so I'm just taking it slow and see how it goes
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

Oct 12, 2007, 03:30 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by XxBbAbE2210xX
    i'm 17 and i'm nearly 15 stone! there's loadz of guys i like but no one ever asks me out! is my weight problem the reason why no one wants to go out with me?
    I am sorry to tell you this, and don't know of any good way to say it so here it is, yes, the weight issue here is an issue. Now I will tell you why. At the age you are now, and in the peer society of high school you are currently in, the boys eyesight is very blurred and only focuses on the nicely figured attractive girls, the reason for this is HORMONES! If you were a guy, you would be full of hormones right now, and for the most part, you rather be with one of the little "hotties" than sleep, eat, drink, or play. All your energy and thoughts is how to be with the hotties. However, there will be that one special guy for you and you will come together in due time. Perhaps he is so skinny and scrawny that you are over looking him at this time. Remember to just be yourself, and the inner beauty will shine in due time. Who knows, you may already have someone that is interested in you and has self esteem issues, such as yourself. Get your self: respect, esteem, pride, whatever you wish to call it UP and go forward. And without too much time being taken up with the issues of dating, you have more time to do your studying and get yourself into college and get your degree and a great career, then worry about the guys.
    adorable1bailey Posts: 3, Reputation: 2

Oct 12, 2007, 03:33 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by XxBbAbE2210xX
    i'm 17 and i'm nearly 15 stone! there's loadz of guys i like but no one ever asks me out! is my weight problem the reason why no one wants to go out with me?
    Well sometimes at the age of 17 if you are trying to date guys around your age... they are too immature and are more worried about looks than they should be. But my advise is who want a boyfriend at 17 anyway, I know you may feel like you NEED one but in all reality you just WANT one :) but you are going to be going on to better things like... maybe college where you will meet TONS and TONS of guy... so at your age maybe it is a factor but I would say def don't let it bother you :) I'm sure that you are super gorgeous!
    AKaeTrue Posts: 1,599, Reputation: 272
    Ultra Member

Oct 12, 2007, 03:40 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by MOWERMAN2468
    i am sorry to tell you this, and don't know of any good way to say it so here it is, yes, the weight issue here is an issue. now i will tell you why. at the age you are now, and in the peer society of high school you are currently in, the boys eyesight is very blurred and only focuses on the nicely figured attractive girls, the reason for this is HORMONES! if you were a guy, you would be full of hormones right now, and for the most part, you rather be with one of the little "hotties" than sleep, eat, drink, or play. all your energy and thoughts is how to be with the hotties. However, there will be that one special guy for you and you will come together in due time. perhaps he is so skinny and scrawny that you are over looking him at this time. remember to just be yourself, and the inner beauty will shine in due time. who knows, you may already have someone that is interested in you and has self esteem issues, such as yourself. get your self: respect, esteem, pride, whatever you wish to call it UP and go forward. and without too much time being taken up with the issues of dating, you have more time to do your studying and get yourself into college and get your degree and a great career, then worry about the guys.
    If you think all guys with raging hormones are so hot themselves that they think they only deserve the hottest hottie, then your are poorly mistaken.
    There is someone for everyone and weight has nothing to do with not getting a date.
    Ultra Member

Oct 12, 2007, 03:44 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by AKaeTrue
    If you think all guys with raging hormones are so hot themselves that they think they only deserve the hottest hottie, then your are poorly mistaken.
    There is someone for everyone and weight has nothing to do with not getting a date.
    That is not what I was saying at all. I am saying that guys at that particular age is full of hormones and care more for looks than that of the inner beauty. Man I hate when people misconstrue what has been stated.
    Ultra Member

Oct 12, 2007, 03:59 PM
    WELL IF IT IS WEIGHT, I SEE IN YOUR LAST post you were 16 stones, so if that is it you are heading in the correct direction. But it is not the issue here. You will find the right guy someday, and he will like you for who you are, not your weight.
    I may be smelling a troll here.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Stopping a Divorce [ 16 Answers ]

My wife left me 1 month ago. She filed for divorce and moved into an apartment in the same day. We have 2 children and have been married 12 years and together 17 years. She filed once before but we tried to work our problems out. However life happened and she lost her only sister to cancer, I was...

Levothyroxine- Use and stopping Use [ 2 Answers ]

I'm trying to find out specific information regarding Levothyroxine. When you take levothyroxine- it assists your thyroid in producing the right amount of thyroid hormones? Correct So if you were to stop taking it, would your thyroid go back to producing the amount of hormone that it produced...

Boyfriend Hates My Weight [ 7 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I have been dating for 2 years, and we have a great relationship, but lately we are ALWAYS fighting about my weight. I weighed 123lbs. When we met (I am 5'4", 20 years old, and small boned, so this looked reasonably curvy). Since then, I have lost about 11 pounds, and now weigh...

Stopping masturbation [ 12 Answers ]

I have this male friend who has really big issues with masturbating in that he is so much into it.He has approached me for help to stop it but I have no clue as to how to assist.Any tips on how to stop masturbating?? he is on the edge because of guilt...

Stopping a garnishment [ 1 Answers ]

Can a garnsihment be stopped once it has started? Or do I have to let it run its course?:confused:

View more questions Search