Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    alyson Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 11, 2007, 10:14 AM
    What does the law say about leaving
    I recently moved to birmingham al from ct to live with my boyfriend. We moved out of his original apartment and into a larger one. We are both on the lease. I'm pretty sure that it's going to be over very soon. I have no reason to stay in birmingham nor would I want to live in the same residence as my possible ex. We are staying in a large apartment complex that afforded us a deal that the first full months rent was free. We paid a prorated rate for sept and have not paid anything for October.
    My question to you is if I am on the lease do I have any legal recourse to leave. Could we sign an agreement that says that I will pay half of everything for the next three month while he finds a suitable roommate. or do I have to pay rent there for the next year. Neither on of us has the money to break the lease it would be approx 5 months rent.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 11, 2007, 10:17 AM
    You are legally obligated since you are signed on the lease. That doesnm't mean you can't enter into an arrangement with him to help pay the rental until he gets a roommate.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Commercial law - the contract law [ 7 Answers ]

> MB is a bank, had a scheme of financing to construct a traffic tunnel. In the course of construction of the tunnel. >SBB, a private busline, came to MB and negotiaged for a contract with MB. One of the clauses in the contract saying that "SBB may drive 100 buses in each direction through...

Is she leaving me, or what? [ 9 Answers ]

I met a wonderful woman during the summer and we hit it off from the beginning. She was pretty much the driving force during the first month. Near the end of two months of being together she began worrying about her finances, her chemical sensitivity became more of a problem and made her tired much...

She is leaving me [ 5 Answers ]

Hi. Well my girlfriend is about 2 leave me.she is ignoring me frm 1 month In starting when she propose me with in 5 days she she took me wth her mom Then I also took her wth my parents.n I also know that she was or she is gng wth some 1 else But she told me always I don't have any relation wth...

New Law coming in about common law spouse [ 4 Answers ]

I understand a new law will be coming soon, to protect the common law spouse. Given similar rights as if you were married. Can somebody help!! I would like to know the date when the law will be in place and what this will entail?

Leaving out a w2 [ 2 Answers ]

I am waiting on one w2 the hole gross earnings might be $ 850.00,, I only worked 3 weeks in the summer and it won't even put a dent in my return,, so do I really need it to file or can I just possibly file it with next years return I have my big one that earned @ 22,000 last year can I just file...

View more questions Search