Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    OM NAMAH SHIVAH Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Oct 21, 2005, 09:29 AM
    please help me
    Hi Every 1.

I AM 18 n a half years of age and weigh 16 stones. Because of this I have a fat chest n a big belly. I have been trying to lose this since 3 years but not have been consistently due to studies.

its been 2 months that I am doing light weights b cos I heard that peopl say that if u do light weights u lose that fat n hence having no fat n toner muscles. But it hasn't seemed to work.

can anyone tell me if I should carry on using lightweights or start moderate heavy weights. And also how long I should do weights in terms of days n hours b cos I do it every 2 days and 40 minutes. Sum people say this is adequate enough n sum say it is too much most peopl do it once a week.

please help me people I really appreciate it

thank u.
    bcincal Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Dec 13, 2005, 04:01 PM
    The format for getting into shape includes consuming less than you use and excrete, and doing things to strengthen your body.

Weights aren't going to do anything for you if you burn fewer calories than you eat! Weights should also be used in connection with a program which involves things like walking and swimming, so that your whole body is involved in the process.

Dec 14, 2005, 12:37 AM
    Thanks
    Thank you very much for your response I appreciate it thanks.
    If anyone else has an advice please tell me

Thanks
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Dec 14, 2005, 06:08 AM
    Calories
    Hi,
    The number of calories you eat and drink in one day (24 hour period) should be around 2,000. This is the maintenance number of calories need for no weight gain or weight loss.
    Get yourself a small paper-back Calorie book of foods and drink. Count up the number of calories you eat and drink in one 24 hours. If it's more than 2000, then cut the calories down to 2000. You will begin to lose weight.
    Three times a week with weights is sometimes recommended for muscle gain; with the other days off giving the body a chance to recuperate.
    I do wish you good luck.

Dec 14, 2005, 07:52 AM
    Hi fredg
    Thank you very much for the advice I think this will really help.
    Thank you I have rated your post and it is positive to let you no thanks.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search