Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    damdasilva Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 11, 2007, 09:44 AM
    Index Size
    Dear all,

I have one concern that is driving me crazy! I have the same database in two different servers environments, production and development. Production is not exactly one single server, it is a server farm but development is one single database server.

The thing is that the same database is in both server configurations. Inside that database, I have one stored procedure that creates a memory table with one single integer(11) field.

There is one index over that field. This memory table is being loaded with 1.3 million records. The weird thing is: in production that table occupies 64 MB of memory and in development it uses much more less, almost 35 MB.

Anyone can tell me why is that happening if everything is even in both servers? (Data type, index, table structure, data, etc.)

Thanks and regards,
    Damian
    Duane in Japan Posts: 282, Reputation: 8

Oct 22, 2007, 05:55 AM
    This may sound crazy as I have seen it one time make a system really slow and I do not know how to turn it off but it may be possible that the larger sized file also contains a back up file, about doubling the size, this is only a guess as I saw it one time only.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Refractive index of Silicon [ 1 Answers ]

Good morning, any idea how to calculate both the real and imaginary parts of the complex index of refraction for silicon, for any wavelength of radiation, λ?

Full size headboard, Queen size bed Frame [ 2 Answers ]

Where can I buy attachments that will allow me to fasten my full size headboard to my queen size bedframe? I am having a bit of trouble finding one.

Index.that [ 7 Answers ]

Index.dat files,everyone who uses Windows will have noticed them.Apparently the 'real' reason for these files is a bit of a mystery.They are in constant use when Windows is running,that is why you have to exit,before they can be deleated.Some with difficulty,and some just don't want to go.To be...

Index.that folders [ 3 Answers ]

Can anyone tell me what I lose by cleaning out the index.dat folders? Will doing this cause me to lose anything important? Thanks

View more questions Search