Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Queenmother123 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 11, 2007, 08:56 AM
    Possible eviction
    I came from NJ here in Fl. Just 2mo. Rented condo from in law and brother. They raised my rent $100 one day after being here. Verbal agreement, no lease. I then asked for a lease, I am still waiting. I found out 2wks ago they were and have been behind in their condo fees despite my rental payment two weeks before the first of the month. I paid the condo fee x 2mo. And late fees of 3mo. I also paid my utilities fee. I owe them to date $212. I refuse to pay the increase. We negoitiated that I would pay the monthly cost of the condo as it has been emptied for 4yrs. Now. They having major tax problems, me currently disabled... the agreement was that as family we would be helping each other. Well now they say their tax problems are no more and they insist I pay the going price for this condo. I am on a monthly limited income, I cannot. I want to go back to Jersey but would have to withhold one month's rent to get back to Jersey. What is their legal recourse and mine.. Thank you
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 11, 2007, 09:59 AM
    With no written lease you are a month to month tenant. This means either of you can terminate the tenancy with one month's notice.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Eviction ? [ 7 Answers ]

I just two days ago bought a house from an investor who bought the house out of foreclosure one month ago. The original owner is still residing in the house with no written agrement with the first investor nor has paid any rent money for the past month. What is the minimal time required on the...

Eviction at 17 [ 5 Answers ]

I'm 19 years old and just had a baby and am struggling because I can't move anywhere because of the eviction on my credit. I was only 17 and signed a lease. They never asked for verification of my age. What should I do to get this eviction off my credit

Kentucky eviction law motion for eviction [ 8 Answers ]

Hi I really need help I bought a house for 30,000 from a lady we have just a one simple page contract basically states I paid 15000.00 dollars down In April 05' and then make payments of 400.00 a month for 36 months Contract has no sell as is in it because at time of sale we the lady homeowner...

Eviction [ 4 Answers ]

I have a 18 yr old, nearly 19. He does not want to help out around the house. Bad influence on 15 yr old. Pays 300 dollars a month rent. I want him to move out and be on his own. How can I make him leave?

FL eviction [ 1 Answers ]

The tenants in my rental home have not paid rent this month. It is now twenty-nine days past due. I have not been able to contact them for three weeks. They are never home and don't answer the phone. What steps do I take in Fl. To evict.

View more questions Search