Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    LaShunda Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 11, 2007, 07:58 AM
    401K Disbursement
    Do former employers have a time limit on making 401k disbusments? I submitted all of the paperwork to have a lump sum distribution almost 3 months ago. Are there any laws that regulate this type of disbursement?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 11, 2007, 08:29 AM
    The time frame should be stated in the plan documents. It depends on the plan. Some plans only divest quarterly, so you may have to wait for the next divestiture. Have you asked the plan admins? What do they say?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Disbursement Float [ 0 Answers ]

Average daily remittances are $5 million, and "extended disbursement float" adds 3 days to the disbursement schedule, how much should the firm be willing to pay for a cash management system if the firm earns 10% on excess funds. A) $500,000 B) $1,500,000 C) $1,000,000 D) $0 Is the...

Cash disbursement [ 1 Answers ]

Dokken & Dietrich’s Donut Company pays for 25% of its inventory purchases in the Month of the purchase and the remainder in the following month. The company’s Inventory purchases totaled $840,000 in October, $920,000 in November, and $600,000 In December. The company also paid for new...

401k disbursement and downpayment [ 3 Answers ]

In 2005, I took a withdrawal from my 401K, which I used as a downpayment on my first and primary place of residence. I was paying it back, when I changed companies in 2006. The old company has reported it to IRS as a taxable income. Now I face additional penalties and taxes. How do I offset my...

View more questions Search