Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chukieanbride Posts: 23, Reputation: 3

Oct 11, 2007, 07:10 AM
    Borin house work
    I have no self motivation to get up an do house work, my house is a tip, well not as bad as some, but I'm constantly running around after a 3yr old, I'm just about to get up an attempt it now, how do you motivate yourself to do house work, I want to see how many responses I can get before I'm finnished, get typing, lol xx take care all,
    startover22 Posts: 2,758, Reputation: 363
    Ultra Member

Oct 11, 2007, 07:30 AM
    Well, are you a stay at home mom? Or do you go to work... I know it doesn't look like it will matter but it really does...

Oct 11, 2007, 07:42 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by startover22
    Well, are you a stay at home mom? Or do you go to work...I know it doesn't look like it will matter but it really does.....

I'm a stay at home mum, now tell me the difference it makes, lol xx
    Ultra Member

Oct 11, 2007, 07:53 AM
    He he... well, I am too :) of four kids and a million daycare kids... they all come and go in spurts, that means they are not here all at the same time! So I guess my point would be if you are a stay at home mother... there is no way that you do NOT have time for house work, and if your husband goes to work, (for you and the fam) then we should try our hardest to make our home a home... Blah blah blah... I know I am old fashioned... and not perfect so... if all you do is get one room at a time picked up... then that is how you should go... Music and one room at a time. After the room is picked up, dust vacuum, clean the windows... when that room is done you will be very happy! It feels good to accomplish things, so if I can't go to work, I get my appreciation through the housework. I am proud to say I did that... It helps to think of being with your child and cleaning is part of your job... what if your husband wasn't motivated enough to go to work... how would you get food and electric? I just think of it as my job... and get it done sweet...
    Music and help from the baby is really cool too. Just take it slow, find the best times during the day to get it done and do it! One room at a time. I like the Eye of the Tiger... from the movie Rocky... it always gets me going and then I get on a roll... Good luck sweet! Motivation comes from actually wanting to do it... nothing else! Hardest part is getting started... Hugs and good luck!
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Oct 11, 2007, 09:14 AM
    Try and get a system like
    Doing the daily things you already have to do like cooking and cleaning

Monday
    Pick up all clutter and do little things you have been putting off'
    Tues
    Pay bills, run errands and shopping
    Wed
    Do laundry
    Thurs
    Yard work
    Fri
    Clean house
    Ultra Member

Oct 11, 2007, 11:19 AM
    Hey Chuckie... let us start with this one and then just keep going sweet...
    YouTube - Bee Gees - Stayin' Alive [Version 1]
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Oct 14, 2007, 02:12 PM
    How do I motivate myself? I will let you know when I find the answer.
    That being said, I know I hate a dusty place and I hate junk on the floor and I hate stacks of laundry and the list goes on. I just do it because as of yet I have not found that blasted housecleaning fairy that comes and whisks a wand and presto! I have to pace myself because if I do everything in one day, I hurt all over the next day. Fibromyalgia does that to me. Laundry is every day so it does not pile up. I do cook ahead on the weekends and freeze meals. Tuesday and Thursday are the general cleaning days and Fridays are changing sheets. So I have a plan and I am obsessive compulsive enough to carry it out.
    Like Start and NO stated, I use music to at least make cleaning seem more exciting. I like pandora.com - an internet radio station - you can build your own station based on your preferences. Oh and I do allow a treat for myself on Fridays if I have been a "good girl" with the cleaning. Sometimes it is something simple like renting a movie no one else likes but me.

Oct 14, 2007, 03:15 PM
    Aww wow, you lot are great, thanks for all your comments, and your posted music, I'm doing well an am so satisfide to have a clean an tidy house, it makes me feel proud, the washing machine is not impressed though, don't think its worked this much in yrs, I'm right in to it, washed the curtans an nets an all, even sorted me wardrobe an gave to charrity... aww, I feeling on top ov the world now... xxxxx
    Ultra Member

Oct 14, 2007, 04:16 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by chukieanbride
    aww wow, u lot are great, thanks for all your comments, and your posted music, im doing well an am so satisfide to have a clean an tidy house, it makes me feel proud, the washing machine is not impressed tho, dont think its worked this much in yrs, im right in to it, washed the curtans an nets an all, even sorted me wardrobe an gave to charrity.... aww, i feeling on top ov the world now... xxxxx
    Check in and we can keep both of us on task... You tube is great to find good songs or you can use a CD player if you have stuff you love and it will keep you moving. And if you check in I will be sure to get yer booty up to get motivated... AND you can tell me to get off this dang puter and get my junk done. LOL! Good luck sweety!:D

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Borin Art [ 1 Answers ]

My husband and I just bought a house, The first owners passed away and their children sold the house and it had a lot of stuff in it they did'nt want. We found a picture that is very old on the back it says Vivdoil Processed Painting,Borin Art Products Corp. Chicago Ill. The painting is called "...

Borin Art Products [ 1 Answers ]

I was given 2 prints with Borin Art Products and #1563 stamped on the back.. They are prints of a flowers in a vase printed in pastel colors set in an oblong redwood like glass enclosed frame. I know nothing about these prints, can any tell me anything about them, do that hold any value? ...

Borin Art Products [ 1 Answers ]

I just had two pictures from Borin Art Product on Cicero Ave in Chicago given to me. They are not signed and I can not find any info on the company. Can anyone tell me where to get some information on them. They are numbered on the Back Thank You

Work & rent in NJ, Own house in NY [ 1 Answers ]

I work and rent an apartment in NJ, but I own a house in NY with my boyfriend. At the beginning of 2006, I was not sure I was staying in NJ so I got a NY drivers license, license plates and registered to vote there. My work has been withholding NJ taxes, as it only has my NJ address. So I work...

View more questions Search