Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jociju Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 10, 2007, 11:39 PM
    Is there any place that will pick up a nice sofa w/out charging me for it?
    I have a nice, oversized sofa that I desperately want to get rid of. The only thing wrong with the sofa is I don't have the big throw pillows for the sitting against - some need to be bought. I don't want the sofa because I already have 4 sofas that we use. I don't want the hassle of putting it up for sale or trying to borrow a pickup and muscles to haul it somewhere - does anyone know of a company, etc. that is in business of taking these things?

As a last resort, I will have to haul it somewhere, but that's another question... where? Does the goodwill or some other place take these things free of charge? I don't want to throw it away due to it being a nice sofa. Please help with some suggestions.
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member

Oct 10, 2007, 11:45 PM
    I believe Salvation Army or Goodwill will pick up items like that for free, at least they do around here. You might want to give them a call and find out.

You can also post an ad on craigslist.com for a free sofa - pick up required. I have gotten rid of a living room set, a bedroom set and a dining room table within the past 3 days using Craigs List.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Oct 12, 2007, 12:09 AM
    I agree with the above answer for giving it to Goodwill or the Salvation Army. Around where I live, they do pick up things such as this for free also.

As far as advertising it. It's not hard and can take only a few minutes of your time. There are many sites on the Internet where you can advertise for free. Most of the best ones are listed on the following link.

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/music/...ng-103010.html
    bobsmyuncle Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Nov 24, 2007, 04:14 PM
    The Freecycle Network
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 24, 2007, 04:18 PM
    I would agree, I am not sure what "pillows" you are talking about, if it is in usable condition the way it is, they will take it.
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Nov 24, 2007, 04:37 PM
    Any of the non profit second hand stores would pick that up - good condition - what a find for them! You should see some of the furniture that they get in. Better to be burned!
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Nov 24, 2007, 08:28 PM
    The Salvation Army is the best place to donate because the Goodwill and other places will throw stuff away because they get too much. The Salvation Army makes sure everything usable gets to someone that can use it. You can also advertise in a local paper (like the Greensheet or the Pennysaver are my local ads papers) Free sofa you pick up and describe it a little.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Nov 24, 2007, 09:17 PM
    I think that I have heard the same things about the places that you mention, NOhelp4u.
    applsvcgirl Posts: 112, Reputation: 9

Nov 25, 2007, 05:18 AM
    Also try Craigslist on line (depending on where you live).
    joda588 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Nov 25, 2007, 11:28 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jociju
    I have a nice, oversized sofa that I desperately want to get rid of. The only thing wrong with the sofa is I don't have the big throw pillows for the sitting against - some need to be bought. I don't want the sofa because I already have 4 sofas that we use. I don't want the hassle of putting it up for sale or trying to borrow a pickup and muscles to haul it somewhere - does anyone know of a company, etc. that is in business of taking these things?

As a last resort, I will have to haul it somewhere, but that's another question... where? Does the goodwill or some other place take these things free of charge? I don't want to throw it away due to it being a nice sofa. Please help with some suggestions.
    Goodwill

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

MATCHMAKER ALERT (Nice guys do not always finish last -but NICE nice guys do) [ 2 Answers ]

There is a general thought that: - nice guys don't get the girl. - nice guys get walked on. - nice guys get left behind. It's not that simple. 1. Nice guys can get any girl. As long as they "own their space" -- that is, they know themselves and their life purpose and what drives them.

Squeaking sleeper sofa [ 1 Answers ]

Hi! I have a full sleeper sofa that is @ 18 months old. It had to have the sleeper mechanism replaced after several months because it was defective. Since having the second sleeper installed, it seems to squeak every time someone sits on the sofa. I had a repairman come out about 2 months ago...

Sofa Color [ 2 Answers ]

I just bought a beautiful home and am trying to decorate the living room. It has and open space concept and the kitchen and living room adjoin. There is a red brick fireplace that is seen upon entering the house. I have Monet picture hanging above. (Monet's wife in a kimono.) The walls are...

Sofa beds [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone have a recommendation for a comfortable sofa bed brand/bed?

Sofa Designer [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I'm looking for a sofa designer, I was surfing over the net and I have found one in Belgium, a bit to far for me This is the one in Belgium http://www.mrcreations.be/creaties.php, these are the sofas I really like, so is there someone who knows where I can get unique furniture please let...

View more questions Search