Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    victoraskhelp Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 10, 2007, 07:17 PM
    Janitorial services
    I will like to get an answer, How can I get contracts for my cleaning services?
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Oct 13, 2007, 10:23 PM
    You go and ask potential clients personally bringing with you a some business cards and also a paper which describes the services that you offer as well as some of the fees. You do free advertising on the Internet. Please see the following link for that. https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/music/...ng-103010.html

Also, two very excellent online resources from which to find information when you are first starting in your small business are http://www.sba.gov/ and SCORE "Counselors to America's Small Business" You will find much information on those two sites.

Another thing that you might want to do, is type the word cleaner and/or cleaning in the search box at the top of this page. When you do, you will find that there have been lots of questions and also answers, concerning people who provide cleaning services for others.
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Oct 14, 2007, 12:59 AM
    I totally agree... Clough; dress professionally, have business cards and possibly a flyer. It always doesn't come easy, you have to "kiss a lot of frogs....." so to speak. Keep making calls on businesses, get the name of the person that makes the decision to hire cleaning companies. And after a few weeks or a month call on them again--things change.

Also, remember ask yourself "why would this company do business with me?" Because they need a cleaning company-yeah, but they probably already have one. Ask yourself; "how are we different from most other companies?" Possibly you are a "full service" company and can offer services the other may not. Cleaning, carpet cleaning, hard floor care, windows, after crisis clean ups, etc. Find out what makes you the company they should hire and trust.

-Stringer
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Oct 14, 2007, 01:21 AM
    One of the things that I do for a living is that I am a piano tuner/technician. I am also a professional pianist. I have also done house cleaning, but not to the extent of my other businesses that I have. But, I make sure that my customers remember me in all cases. One of the ways that I make sure that my customers remember me and insure that I will be the one who tunes their piano the next time, is that I take a little time and give them a small concert after tuning their piano. I am the only tuner in my area that does this.

One of the things that might be done to set yourself apart from other cleaners, is to do some extra things that aren't in the agreement as to what you should do and that you know for sure the customer wouldn't mind you doing and would appreciate the fact that you have gone out of your way to do them.

It is important to set yourself apart from the rest and make yourself indispensable.
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Oct 14, 2007, 01:40 AM
    After all is said and done, and everything else is somewhat equal, people buy from an emotional point. If they "feel" they are getting a good deal, feel comfortable, like you, trust you personally and so on. They usually will purchase from you. Sometimes it's something as simple as liking your disposition and your smile. But all the other things as Clough as said have to be present. Offer a Baker's dozen.
    -Stringer

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Janitorial cleaning bids [ 2 Answers ]

How do I get cleaning bids

Market research for a janitorial business [ 2 Answers ]

:cool: I live in louisville Kentucky and Im in the process of starting a janitorial business part time. I do not have enough money to hire a market research firm. Where else could I get information on demand and market conditions for commercial cleaning in my area ?

Need to raise janitorial prices for monthly service [ 1 Answers ]

I own a cleaning company and due to gas price increase and product price increases I have to increase the price of monthly services. Does someone have a sample letter I could use? I don't want to lose clients Respectfully, T

Janitorial Business Leads [ 1 Answers ]

Are there any companies located in Los Angeles or on the Web that set-up leads or potential customers that are looking for janitorial services?

Housekeeping services [ 1 Answers ]

What is the going rate for housecleaning services; woodwork cleaning, vacuuming, moving furniture to clean?

View more questions Search