Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    danni2123 Posts: 65, Reputation: 2

Oct 10, 2007, 02:01 PM
    Previous foster child.
    Hey I was wondering if there's any financal help for me. I'm 20 now and use to be in the foster system. My foster paurents never let me participate in the functions that they had for us when we were kids through the state. I'm having trouble paying for rent and everyday things. Is there any grants out there for me or is it 2 late?
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

Oct 13, 2007, 06:33 AM
    In some states you would be elgible for a full ride to college. This is because you were a foster child. Look up this info on the internet for "foster care scholarships", or speak with a financial aid counselor at a university, or college. I know KY is one such state and I think there is either 11 or 17 such states that have specific scholarships for individuals that were in the foster child system at one time. I just went to your profile and see you are located in ca, I think that is one of the states that has these scholarships available. Good luck in the future, and if it is there for you to go to college, then do so and get a degree and a good career.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Foster kids [ 4 Answers ]

My brother and his wife are foster parents to two little girls 5 and 9. Origionally he wanted to adopt them, the problem is both girls are out of control and they lie and break everything and tear wallpaper down and now my nephew is starting to act like them. We all have become attached to these...

I am 18, my nephew is in foster care can I get custody of him? [ 8 Answers ]

My name is Bobbie Jo and I am deaf myself. I had adorable nephew who came to the world march 16,2007 he now is 3 months old and he's in foster home. There are so many special things about him. He is deaf in one ear and hearing in other ear, he changed my life. Everyday I wake up and I wish I could...

How can I adopt my nephew in foster care [ 25 Answers ]

Hello. My sister is on drugs really bad and she has been for quite some time. The social services people took her baby away from her (thank god.) Hew husband left after he found out the kid wasn't his. I am afraid the kid will get adopted and we will never see him again (the family that is). It S...

Get relative out of foster care [ 1 Answers ]

My spouse sister had a baby that test positive for drugs. The department of family and children service call us from the hospital to see if we could take the baby. We said yes so they sent someone to our home to drug screen us which we were aware of. Well every one pass except my spouse so the...

View more questions Search