Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Mikef Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 10, 2007, 10:46 AM
    Matag Washer, How do I remove Agitator?
    I have a newer Matag Toploading washer (model starts with LAT8506) and the tub won't spin.

I'm trying to work on it, but I can't get the agitator off. I've tried pulling up very hard (there is no bold down the center hold).

I'm guessing that the clutch won't let go, or there's a transmission problem.

Any suggestions on how to get the agitator off, or why it won't spin?

Mikef
    esquire1 Posts: 2,483, Reputation: 209
    Ultra Member

Oct 10, 2007, 01:34 PM
    You have a screw or bolt near the base of the agitator. You will need to tun agitator and feel where it is. YOu cannot see it but rather will have to feel for it. Remove it and the agitator will pull straight up. If the tub will not spin, problem is more than likely the belt
    Mikef Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 10, 2007, 04:50 PM
    That was it. Thanks.

I had looked, but didn't see it!

Mike
    esquire1 Posts: 2,483, Reputation: 209
    Ultra Member

Oct 10, 2007, 04:57 PM
    Glad to help. Visit this site often

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to Remove Top Half Agitator? [ 1 Answers ]

Just noticed that the top half agitator on Whirlpool Model LSQ8543JQ1 Washer does not rotate very well. Checked the bottom half of the agitator and it functions properly (goes both ways) but the top half of the agitator spins forward intermittently sometimes it doesn't rotate at all. Checked the...

Matag Neptune washer stops... [ 2 Answers ]

Help, my matag Neptune Washer Model # mah3000aww Serial #18138894sz Washer is stopping, and not completing a cycle, it also appears that it no longer spins the clothes, it is pumping the water out. I've taken the front off, and am trying to decide if the motor is bad or the motor control...

Remove agitator from GE washer [ 2 Answers ]

How do you remove the agitator on a GE Model WJSR2070B2WW washing machine?

Which style washer agitator is best [ 4 Answers ]

We are in the market for a new top load washer. There seem to be a couple different style agitators available. Some have something that looks like a "Screw" and they have kind of turn and stop, turn and stop action. Suppose to pull the cloths to the bottom of the drum or something like that. Others...

View more questions Search