Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    saz 77 Posts: 19, Reputation: 1

Oct 10, 2007, 10:16 AM
    Who is anthony armstrong / glasgow painter
    I have a pastel called "smallholding shropshire" 14"x10" by the artist anthony armstrong (glasgow G3)and would love to hear anything about him
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Dec 19, 2007, 03:02 AM
    I know that the original question is now really old. However, it went unanswered and maybe the original poster might benefit from some information that I did find on the following link. http://web.onetel.com/~f_laing/image...elease1004.pdf

Anthony Armstrong is one of Scotland's best kept art secrets. Hugely popular, but not in the media eye, Tony is a prolific painter who now divides his time between Blairgowrie and Glasgow. His evocative scenes of Scotland and his captivating nudes grace the walls of many of Scotland's country houses and hang in public collections including the Hunterian and Transport Museum in Glasgow.

Always in demand, Tony's work over the years has reflected his international travels, his passion for the Scottish landscape and his understanding of the human nature. Together his works make a rich and varied oeuvre which appeals to both private art lover and the professional collector.

Anthony Armstrong

Attended part time Glasgow School of Art at the age of 12.

Full-time student of painting degree course at the Glasgow School of Art.

Qualification in education from Jordanhill College of Education, Glasgow.

Travelling Scholarship to study at museums in Rome and Florence in the company of his drawing master from his student days, Gavin Alston.

Full-time painter for a number of years, based in Glasgow.

Thereafter, commenced dealing in late 19th early 20th century paintings with three galleries running concurrently in Glasgow.

After directing Wellington Fine Art, Glasgow, for 12 years he took up full time painting again having studios in London, Glasgow and Washington D.C.

In 2001 he re-established Wellington Fine Art and continues to paint in studios in Perthshire and Glasgow.

One-man shows in Washington, London, Glasgow, Edinburgh, Honolulu, etc.

His work is represented in a number of public galleries, including Glasgow Royal Concert Hall, the Glasgow Transport Museum, the Hunterian Museum, Glasgow and at British Petroleum in Grangemouth.

Publications include Glasgow - The Paintings of Anthony Armstrong, published in 1990, but currently out of print.
    adr147 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 22, 2012, 11:50 AM
    The website is here. http://anthonyarmstrong.eu/

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Armstrong Ultra V [ 1 Answers ]

Armstrong Air Ultra V, 4 yrs old: Problem: *Igniter comes on with bright red/blue flame *Burners then come on *Fan blower comes on *Shortly after blower comes on, burners go out, and blower continues to run *Igniter comes back on *Burners then come back on *Then Burners go out again...

Cartoon Movie about a Painter [ 2 Answers ]

I have been searching for this title since the movie was misplaced long ago but I cannot seem to remember the title of the movie and random searches have come up with nothing. The cartoon movie is based on this painter that ends up taking a nap under an enchanted tree that grants him the ability...

Peirs anthony mode series [ 8 Answers ]

I found the first three books of piers anthonys mode series at a local used book store, my question is how many more are in this series and what are they called?:confused:

Painter sprayed outdoor unit [ 2 Answers ]

Help. I just found out, through an ac tecnician, that my ac isn't working right because it is apparent that my painter did not cover my outdoor unit when spraying paint onto my house. It is verry obvious as the ac is painted and coated. Is there any hope beyond complete replacement?

View more questions Search