Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pfc Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Dec 5, 2003, 04:04 AM
    Sending attachments in email
    I scanned an article to a friend in email. It came through way too large in the body of her letter. When she tried clicking onto the pprclip to copy, nothing happened.

What needs to be done on my end when I send an attachment so my scans show up normal printable size in the body of emails?

I have Outlook Express 6, my scanner is HP Scanjet 4300C

I appreciate any help...
    Thank you.
    scud Posts: 20, Reputation: 1

Dec 18, 2003, 04:25 PM
    Re: sending attachments in email
    Hi pfc,

If you scan at 100% then it should come out the same size. You can test this by printing a copy yourself before you send it. It may look larger on the screen, but that just depends what resolution you view your monitor at.

Once you know the file is the right size then just attach it to an email in Outlook express by clicking on the paperclip when you got to send it. If you are putting it in the body then that's why when she clicked on the paperclip nothing happened, no attatchment.

Anyway try testing it yourself first and then sending it as an attatchment, hopefully you will have more success.

Thank you,
    SCUD :)
    pfc Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Dec 18, 2003, 04:51 PM
    Sending attachments in email
    Thank you for your help... It is very much appreciated, and was so simple after following your instructions.
    :0)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sending photos via email [ 4 Answers ]

Recipients have difficulty opening photo attachments or say they take whole page or 2 pages. My OS is Windows SE, 500Mhz, 191Mb Ram, 14 GB available hard drive, have comcast cable and Outlook Express 6.0 Isave photos as jpg files, either scanning in or using card reader for my memory card from my...

Sending email [ 2 Answers ]

Until recently I have been able to open "My documents"- double click on a picture or file and then be able to click on: file-send-page by email. Then I could send from my isp address to my hotmail and Yahoo accounts. I am no longer able to do this. I am not sure what or how it was changed. I have...

Sending music by email [ 7 Answers ]

I want to send a song from my music library on my computer. I want to send this so that it plays in my email. How can I do this.

Sending music through email [ 1 Answers ]

How do we send a song to friend through email?

Email sending problem [ 2 Answers ]

I have been unable to send emails for some time. I'm using windowsxp with avg anti-virus also ad-aware and a spyhunter program. My isp.(tesco) advised that avg was the problem, but disabling same made no difference. I have a feeling in attempting to send a number of photos I blocked my out-going...

View more questions Search