Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    erlobenauer Posts: 208, Reputation: 9

Oct 10, 2007, 04:17 AM
    Any tips on taking great self photos
    It seems I have to take about 20 pictures, to pick maybe one good shot. I know I'm not hidious, but when I take pictures I look horrible - then I look in the mirror I'm like... what the heck. Any tips on how to get a better picture of myself... Not to mention , I Look about 15 pounds heavier:(

Sorry, probably a stupid post, but you people are smart, perhaps you know something I don't, lol :)
    carlito5 Posts: 22, Reputation: 2

Oct 10, 2007, 04:40 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by erlobenauer
    It seems I have to take about 20 pictures, to pick maybe one good shot. I know I'm not hidious, but when I take pictures I look horrible - then I look in the mirror I'm like.................what the heck. Any tips on how to get a better picture of myself... Not to mention , i Look about 15 pounds heavier:(

sorry, probably a stupid post, but you people are smart, perhaps you know something i dont, lol :)
    Well if you can't take youronw pics then let some one you trust take the pic and let him\her decide if is good or not...
    stephenjohn Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 16, 2007, 07:44 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by erlobenauer
    It seems I have to take about 20 pictures, to pick maybe one good shot. I know I'm not hidious, but when I take pictures I look horrible - then I look in the mirror I'm like.................what the heck. Any tips on how to get a better picture of myself... Not to mention , i Look about 15 pounds heavier:(

sorry, probably a stupid post, but you people are smart, perhaps you know something i dont, lol :)
    Not a stupid post at all!

Fact of the matter is that we are our very own worst critics... particularly when it comes to seeing ourselves in pictures.

Keep trying things out... new angles, different lighting, different faces, different emotions. Assuming you are using a digital camera, the sky's the limit and pixles are cheap. You have nothing to lose. Got a pic you look absolutely horrid in? Take joy in knowing that you've figured out what not to do... and then take greater joy deleting it!
    lschoeggl Posts: 28, Reputation: 3

Oct 29, 2007, 07:50 AM
    Erlo -- it's not unusual to have to take a lot of photos to get one decent one. It's not you, it's the nature of photography. If you consider a photographer for, say, National Geographic, you can bet that they take hundreds of shots and only a few make the cut in the end. When we shoot weddings, we take over 1000 shots and deliver 300-400 to our clients. You just have to be willing to keep working at it and then go through all the shots to find the keepers.

That being said, double chins are often what people are most dissatisfied with when looking at photos of themselves (myself included). Try sitting on the floor with the camera pointed down from a desk or table above you (you may need to prop it up on a beanbag to get the right angle). Looking up at the camera will extend your neck and give a more flattering chinline. Good luck!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Great Dane Great Strain? [ 8 Answers ]

I love great danes!! I have and always will love them. In general I love big dogs! My question is though if I were to get a great dane what's my cost looking at what are some of the problems that are spefic to great danes behaviour and health wise (ex. Yorkies have hip problems) also I really want...

Downing of photos to PC [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, Could anyone tell me whether I can limit what photos I can download from my Olympus C350 to my PC. Whenever I only want, say 2 or 3 photos to download, I always have to download everything that is on the memory card. I may sound stupid but there must an easy way? Thank you ...

How to copyright photos [ 3 Answers ]

How do I copyright the photos that I have taken?

Taking photos of my Home [ 4 Answers ]

Someone was seen taking a photo of my home today. They pulled off the street and took photos of the street north and south, then took a photo of the front of my home. Why would someone be taking pictures of my home like this? I have not taken out new home insurance. Concerned!

View more questions Search