Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mkpcj Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 9, 2007, 09:27 PM
    Talent Agent
    Hello,
    I would like to know what type of license I would need to open a talent agency in the state of Texas as well as any type of insurance I would need?:) If you also have an idea of what it might cost to start this type of business that information would be appreciated.

Thank you.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 9, 2007, 10:09 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by mkpcj
    Hello,
    I would like to know what type of license I would need to open a talent agency in the state of Texas as well as any type of insurance I would need?:) If you also have an idea of what it might cost to start this type of business that information would be appreciated.

Thank you.
    Check with your town, the township, the county, and the state. When I opened a service business, I found out the town wanted licensing money, but no one else did.

Do you have contacts for your talent to be sent to? You know you can't just sit there and say, "Yeah, sweetie, you sure have lots of talent" and not tell her concrete ways to put that talent to work. And are you talking about talent by singing or dancing or baking or gymnastics or what? How do you plan to find this talent in the first place? Will you advertise? Where? How? Will you have age limits, or will you check out 8-month-old babies too whose moms have stars in their eyes?

Be sure to have a business plan first.
    Rippa10 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 18, 2007, 11:07 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by mkpcj
    Hello,

Thank you.
    How Do I Get FAmous With My Music Carrer

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Becoming a talent agent. [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am in high school and am interested in becoming a talent agent. I was wondering what majors I should look into for this career and what can I do now to get a head start or help me get a better picture of the career? Thanks, Phi

Talent Agent? Where to start... [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I am new to this forum. I am looking into getting into modelling or acting management. Like an Agent. I was a model for a couple years when I was a teenager, and since having my son, I can't go back... I was hoping to stay in the industry, but on the management side. The fashion industry has...

How Do I become a talent agent in NJ [ 1 Answers ]

I am looking to start a side career as a talent agent. Not sure if I need to become licensed. I have a 4 year college degreee and also have done professional stand up in NYC. Any guidance would be helpful.

Talent Agent [ 1 Answers ]

What are the steps to becoming an entertainment/talent agent?

View more questions Search