Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    violet0019 Posts: 208, Reputation: 9

Oct 19, 2005, 09:27 PM
    Any Tricks On How To Hide Spots On Mirror That Need Resilvering?
    I would like to know if anyone can help with the following? The bathroom cabinet has 2 large smoked mirror doors that have lost the silvering. They are looking quite sad and I am seeking any opinions, advice, instructions, suggestions - any "HOME REMEDY TYPE OF TIPS" - like do it yourself recipes, to repair, or cover up the spots that have lost the silver? THANKS!
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Oct 19, 2005, 09:57 PM
    How bad is it? Do you want to make the mirror more usable, or just hide the spots? Stickers are cheap, pumpkins this month, turkeys next, Christmas trees in December, etc. To make it more usable, you might glue or tape the shiny side of aluminum foil to the bare spots. Of course, the glue or tape could pull off more silver when removed.
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Oct 20, 2005, 05:52 AM
    Mirrors
    Hi,
    I have been in the same situation. The best remedy is to replace the mirrors with new ones. I have never been really satisfied with trying to cover up the bad parts of the mirror; hence, new ones.
    You could check on the price of having new mirrors cut to fit the frames of the doors.
    violet0019 Posts: 208, Reputation: 9

Oct 20, 2005, 09:30 AM
    Oh Well... I Guess I Will Have To Continue
    I guess I will need to continue to live with mirrors that need resilvering. At this point I can not afford to resilver them, nor do I have the time or energy to uninstall and remove the doors and hinges etc. etc... so I will live with the spots... THANKS EVERYONE!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tricks for boxing [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone have any martial arts or any sort of tricks I can use in boxing. Something that literally confuses the other apponent or allows them not to see your punch coming. Not cheating just rele good strategy

Did Mahamad Ali use Martial Arts tricks in Boxing? [ 3 Answers ]

I know that Mahamad Ali trained in some form of Karate. I have studied many of his matches and some of the things he did look like Karate techniques. For instance, his jab resembles and certain kind of backfist. He also employed a physiological martial arts trick too. As you move your eyes from one...

I don't know any good card tricks! [ 3 Answers ]

O.K. since this site has almost every topic, why not take a stab at this one. Can anyone explain to me on how to perform a good card trick? Don't know any, do you??

Better way to hide password? [ 6 Answers ]

My boyfriend's ex was a computer genius.. and also a little bit psycho. She had his email and so got my address. Now, I do not know how, but she was able to get my password or something and enter my inbox. So I did the logical thing and changed my password (we both did)... but she KEEPS getting...

How can I hide a program [ 6 Answers ]

Hello I have a question How can I hide a program from add or remove programs in control panel??

View more questions Search