Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jeffatl Posts: 489, Reputation: 83

Oct 9, 2007, 08:36 PM
    Is sex the issue here?
    Ok, I have been hanging out (dating) this girl for about a month and we have yet to have sex. I took her out for a nice dinner/movie/night out and we went back to her place. I stayed the night and we hooked up, but no sex. Im sure I could have, but opted to stop because of the past girls that I have had a great time with, then had sex with just went south relationship wise. Sex is great, but I am looking for a bit more, and I either lose interest, or things just get complicated. I like her a lot, and just want to go SLOW because we are both busy and I don't want things to really change unless they go up from here. Anyway, when I got back from my trip, she sounded different on the phone, not so excited to talk... just seemed off. I don't want to have "the relationship talk" yet, but don't want to go out without trying. I know a month isn't long, and we haven't had but really one opportunity to have sex. Im just not sure either of us are able to have a relationship because of how busy we are, but I love hanging out with her. I just don't want to get invested in something that is going nowhere again, I don't have time for it. She hasny pushed the issue of sex either, I always instigate the "hook ups"... just not sure if she is thinking something is wrong because we haven't had sex... Im not sure if I am looking too much into this either, but my past "gut feelings" have been spot on. Any thoughts?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Oct 10, 2007, 10:41 AM
    Keep going slow, and get to know her. Your right, a month is not a long time at all. Its way to soon for anything, but dating and enjoying each others company.
    ilovcali Posts: 206, Reputation: 85

Oct 10, 2007, 11:30 AM
    Well, I tend to have sex early on. That's just me. Meaning I will have sex with a girl I date, but who is not my girlfriend and of course I like sex with my girlfriends too. Once again, that's just me.

I think after one phone call, it's too early to judge is she's put off or not as excited. Call her a couple more times over the next week. Maybe she was tired, maybe she was busy. Honestly, if a girl really likes you, and over a month you've only seen each other a few times, sex, or the lack thereof IS NOT KILLING your game one bit.

Guys usually want it more, and seek it more. And in most cases, it's guys who get annoyed without sex. So, I think you're still fine. Don't worry too much after just one month. It doesn't matter.

And DON'T BRING UP the relationship thing either. In my experience, LET HER DO THAT. It's usually better that way. Women seem to feel MUCH MORE pressure for whatever reason, than guys do when it comes to RELATIONSHIP TALKS.

--Cali

Oct 10, 2007, 01:21 PM
    Yea, I didn't think sex was an issue here either, but something appears off. I generally have sex too soon, and there ios really nothing more than that after... thats why I want to give this one an honest shot. I told her to call me if she wants to hang out thins week because she is pretty busy, and I always ask her to hang out anyway. I am just going to put the ball in her court, but if its not going anywhere... it would be nice to get some sex out of it at leeast... HAHAHAHA! Im kidding!
    BMI Posts: 892, Reputation: 270

Oct 10, 2007, 01:27 PM
    HAHAH! No your not!

Oct 10, 2007, 01:32 PM
    Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
    THATguy23 Posts: 19, Reputation: 3

Oct 10, 2007, 01:38 PM
    If you've only had one opportunity to have sex and you didn't do it, you're still okay. But three strikes and you're out, she'll quit talking to you if you pass up three opportunities. Seriously.

Oct 10, 2007, 01:43 PM
    I don't think I will pass on the next opportunity...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Getting over it! Just one issue! [ 22 Answers ]

I seem to wake up every morning with a heartache. I dream about the person almost every night. From 5 o clock and on I do fine but morning and work is terrifying! Also, I am talking to a few girls but I feel guilty because I feel like I'm doing something wrong and it doesn't feel the way it did...

I have a shower issue and venting issue [ 1 Answers ]

I have 4 showers in my house 1 downstairs and 3 upstairs. Two of the 3 upstairs have stopped having hotwater in them, shower A is a tub shower combined unit and has no hot water in it, shower B is a shower only with a jetted tub in the same bathroom but not single unit. The shower in B has no hot...

Issue with sex, intimacy, or self-esteem? [ 12 Answers ]

My husband and I have been married 14 1/2 yrs. And together 17. We are both 34. For the past 2 yrs. I have been dealing with depression and anxiety and am on meds for this. Over the past 6 months. Or so I have become obsessed with sex, but I'm not sure it's the sex that's the issue. If my husband...

Why has sex become an issue [ 7 Answers ]

Ive been with my boyfriend for a year and a half now, and the bedroom has become more of a battlefield. He makes it very apparent when he does and when he doesn't want to have sex. Its to the point to where I'm so fed up with this bull that I'm ready to walk. I mean really, this has got to stop. I...

View more questions Search