Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bekah876 Posts: 445, Reputation: 38

Oct 9, 2007, 02:47 PM
    Breast pump
    I am looking into buying a breast pump on eBay. I know I will need to buy the extras for sanitary reasons but I have been told it is okay to buy the pump (or the motor part of the pump). My question is what is a good brand? I am not sure of where to start when looking for a breast pump. Any advice would help.
    SHPS Posts: 23, Reputation: 4

Oct 9, 2007, 02:55 PM
    Well, there's a lot to consider. Do you want a double or single? Motor (plug into the wall) or battery operated?
    In my opinion and experience, Bailey makes the best pumps. I used the nuture 3 for both my kids. Depending on your situation, you may need something different. I happen to own my own daycare, so I was fine buying a motorized one. I just shut the door to my office and pumped away if my daughter wasn't hungry and I was about to leak. But if you have a 9-5 office type job, you may need a battery operated one. I never noticed until I went into public bathrooms to pump, but 99% of public bathrooms don't have power outlets! In that case, you'd need one that runs on batteries.
    veronica459 Posts: 16, Reputation: 3

Oct 12, 2007, 03:29 AM
    Medela is a very good brand and they have models that look just like a purse. They are pretty comfortable as far as pumps go and they can be plugged in or battery run.
    Good Luck!
    rvanaken Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Oct 13, 2007, 07:13 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by bekah876
    I am looking into buying a breast pump on ebay. I know I will need to buy the extras for sanitary reasons but I have been told it is okay to buy the pump (or the motor part of the pump). My question is what is a good brand? I am not sure of where to start when looking for a breast pump. Any advice would help.
    I have the Medela Pump in Style (the backpack version). I love it. But the other person is right, there are going to be times that you need to pump and don't have an outlet. Just note that Medela will not honor any warrenties if you are a 2nd user. I would get all of the tubing new for sanitary reasons.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My breast like child please help [ 6 Answers ]

Hi every one My problem is that I have small breast like a child I will never doing a surgery I am thinking of a natural solution I am always hearing about the Natural Breast Enhancement Product that made of herbs but are they effective??

My breast [ 1 Answers ]

My breast has blue veins all over.and my breast are more fuller,darker aerolas also around my nipples.but,like I was saying my period came on June 9,2007 it was light then heavy then dark brown.and today nothing.my period was supposed to last until Friday.and my breast are still sore and blue...

Breast ? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I was on Deprovera for 6 months and I gained weight, I decided since I was 44 yrs. Old I got my tubes tied. However, I have been experiencing extreme breast itching and some discharge in the last month or so. Can this be a side effect from the shot or what could be happening. I am going to...

Colostrum in breast [ 8 Answers ]

Does colostrum only occur in pregnancy? 3 days of missed period. Last week pregnancy test says negative, don't remember when the last period was. I am 40 and had my tubes tied four years ago. Lisa

Breast awareness [ 1 Answers ]

I'm nearly 51 years of age, but I've just noticed that my nipples have suddenly turned an almost black colour, when I always have had very pink nipples. Should I be worried? I have in the past have lumps removed from each breast which were non-malignant. I always breastfeed my 5 children and did...

View more questions Search